Chapter 5

*Scott's Pov-

"So, you guys think you've found Kayla?"  I nodded and handed Derek Lydia's phone.  He looked down at the picture and frowned.  "Oh, my God...  It is the Oracle stone..."  I dropped my jaw.

"Derek, look at the girl!"  He shook his head.

"It can't be her...  She couldn't have survived."  Peter came down the stairs.

"Do you really have that little faith in your cousin after all this other crazy stuff happening?"  Derek shook his head and held out the phone.

"Whatever...  You keep foolishly believing in your little fantasy.  I watched the little 8 year old run away with a highly trained hunter on her tail.  There is no way she could have lived."  Peter blinked a little and looked down at the photo.

"You remember that clipped tooth she got after her first bike accident?"  Derek frowned and thought for a second.

"Yeah, why?"  He held the phone out to Derek.

"Check her smile..."  Derek looked back down and deepened his frown.

"It's the exact same clip in the exact same spot..."  Peter nodded.  Derek looked back up at us.  "We have to get to her.  We have to be there for her when she matures, or we may lose her for good."  I frowned.

"Why?"  Peter looked back down at the picture.

"Because, the maturity could kill, just like the bite.  If she tries to take it alone, it will kill her, and the Oracle wolf will be lost.  However, if she tries to do it with any male besides family, that male will become her mate by all rights."  He raised an eyebrow.  "I would rather her not be forced to mate anyone I consider an enemy."  Issac frowned.

"So, we need to get to her..."  He shrugged and looked around.  "Anyone besides me think that it's next to impossible, considering Ethan and Aiden are babysitting her?"  Peter shrugged.

"Okay, so they arrived early, kidnapped Boyd and Erica, then tried to kill you, Issac..."  He froze.  "You like her...?"  Derek's eyes widened as I looked over at Issac.  Peter came around to face Issac.  "If all else fails, I want you to be there with her, unless I can."  Issac nodded.

*Kayla's Pov- 

"I really think you should stay home today, Kayla."  I rolled my eyes as I looked over at Deucalion.

"I'll be fine!  Ethan and Aiden refuse to let me out of their sight at school, and Scott doesn't know who I am.  Sides, you've been training me for this since I joined the pack.  Show a little faith!"  He chuckled and shook his head as he looked over to Aiden.

"Don't let her out of your sight for even a second.  If Scott gets to her, I'm holding you responsible."  Aiden nodded as Deucalion looked back at me.  "You certainly are a Hale."  He smirked.  "When you go, I want you to take Ethan with you."  I nodded.

"Of course."

As soon as I got to school, I sensed something.  A presence that seemed to call to me...

*Issac's Pov- 

"Is it working?"  Allison tilted her head and thought for a second.

"I think so..."  We saw Kayla come down the hallway, looking as though she was looking for something.  Aiden and Ethan weren't far behind her.  I looked over at Lydia.

"Go."  She smiled and walked down the hallway towards them.  Danny had just come in the front door, which seemed to distract Ethan.  I smiled and started towards Kayla.  She stopped at her locker and opened it.  "Hey."  She turned and smiled.

"Hi."  I looked around to make sure that Aiden and Ethan couldn't see us.  "So, got any plans for after school?"  She frowned a little.

"Why?"  I shrugged.

"I've just been having the worst of time in Algebra II, and I was wondering if you would help me out."  She thought for a second.

"How long will it take?  I promised my brother that I'd help him pick up dinner tonight."  I thought for a second.

"Just about an hour."  I looked around again.  "I know who you really are, Kayla Hale.  Your cousin is my creator..."  She looked around and took my arm.

"Not here."  She lead me towards an abandoned classroom.  As soon as I shut the door, she turned to face me.  "Start talking...  Did Scott put you up to this?  Are you spying on me?  What do you know?"  I gulped.

"Look, can I ask you something?"  She crossed her arms and didn't respond.  "Who is your dad?"  She bowed her head.

"Peter Hale.  Derek Hale is my cousin."  I nodded.

"Would you believe me if I told you that they're both alive?"  Her eyes widened.  "Look, they warned me about what will happen later today.  Your dad said he wanted me to be there if he couldn't."  She started to shake her head as she backed away from me.

"I want to see them.  I want you to prove to me that you're not lying!"  Scott came into the room, and her eyes widened as she looked like a trapped animal.  "What is this?  A trap?  An ambush?"  I listened to her heart race as she backed off.  "If...  If you so much as try anything, then..."  She calmed a little.  "I'll make sure you never coma anywhere near me again."  Scott held up his hands in surrender.

"Look, we want to help you.  Peter...  Your dad, I mean, wants to see you as much as you want to see him.  He and Derek both thought you were dead, Kayla.  Please...  Give us a chance to prove it."  He held out a hand to her.  "Please..."  Her heart rate dropped down a little as she seemed to calm a little.

"I can't...  They'd never let me.  They want me to take Ethan with me when I go.  Why?"  I cringed a little.

"Because they want you to mate him."  She frowned again.

"They'd never..."  Scott held out his hand.

"You have to trust us."  She bowed her head and shook her head.

"I'm going alone.  And, you can't stop me."