Chapter 11

"So, Kayla's missing?"  I nodded and glanced at Ethan and Aiden, who were watching us.  Issac glared at them.  "I swear, they're behind it..."  I shook my head.

"No, they weren't lying about Kayla.  They all care too much about her to endanger her or let her get hurt."  Issac's eyes glowed.  I tapped him on the shoulder.  "Stop it, man.  No picking a fight."  He nodded but continued to glare at them.

"Issac, stop!"  Issac took off running after the twins.  I started to follow them, but something caught my eye.

I turned and started towards the woods.  What I saw made me take off, running as though my life depended on it.  I came across Issac, Aiden, and Ethan facing off.  Before I could stop them, a scream cut through the air.  We started off after it and froze.  Issac looked over at me.

"Another body..."  I shook my head.

"That isn't all..."  I looked over at the twins, who looked at me curiously.  "I found Kayla."  The twins nodded and followed me to the woods.  They froze when they saw her.  She was tied to a tree the same way the bodies were found.  Issac trembled as he looked at her.

"My God, is she dead?"  Aiden shook his head.

"No, she's still breathing, but too faintly for any wolf."  He pulled out his phone.  "I have to call the cops and Deucalion.  She needs medical attention that no wolf can heal without."  I nodded and waited for him to dial 911.  Ethan looked over at me.

"We were wrong about you..."

*Kayla's Pov-

I gasp for air and cough, looking around.  The bright light shined in my face.  I can't see anything past it, but a faint outline.  My Oracle stone hung from the outline of a hand.  A silent curse left the figure's mouth, and I blacked out again...

I woke up gasping for air again.  Several distant shouts came from nearby.

"She's coming to!"  Several faces came into view.  "Can you hear me?"  I panicked and sat up, screaming.  Soon enough, they shoved me back down.  "Calm down...  It's going to be okay!"  I felt a sharp poke in my right arm.  I felt my whole body go slack as my vision blurred again.  "It's going to be okay..."

*Scott's Pov-

As soon as we arrived, Stiles came running.  Issac followed him.

"You found her?!?"  I nodded.  He glanced back in the direction he came.  "You're needed down the hall."  I raced down and saw Ennis gripping Stiles's dad's throat.

"What part of I want to see my daughter do you not understand?  She went missing last night, and she turns up almost dead?  Let me through."  I took a deep breath and shouted.

"Hey!"  He turned and looked at me, dropping Stiles's dad.  He came tromping after me.

"Aiden and Ethan told me you found her...  Is that true?"  I nodded, realizing just how serious Ethan had been.  They all cared about her, and they would kill for her.  Ennis calmed a little.  "How was she?"  I thought for a second.

"Close to dead, but still...  I trust she'll be okay."  He nodded as Mom looked over at me and nodded.

"She's dealing with hypothermia and loss of blood.  Something must have happened that kept whoever did this to her from finishing the job.  We'll have to keep her here for at least a day or two, but, when she wakes up, you may go see her."  He turned and nodded.

"Thank you."

*Kayla's Pov-

I woke up feeling dizzy.  A beep cut through the blurs and brought me to my senses.  An officer was asleep in the corner, and I was hooked up to a few IVs.  I sat up and looked around.  The officer stirred and opened his eyes.

"Oh, you're awake."  He sat up and rubbed his eyes.  "I'm Sheriff Stelinsky, and I'd like to ask you a few questions?"  A nurse walked in.  It was Scott's mom.

"Sheriff!  Leave the girl be for now.  She just woke up."  The officer nodded and walked out.  "Let her dad know.  He can come see her here in a few."  My eyes widened.

"Who's here?"  She smiled.

"One of the Alphas who claims to be your dad."  I nodded.

"Ennis...  He is, in a way, my dad."  She nodded.  My vision blurred a little, making me lay back.  "What happened?  Where am I?"  She shook her head as she checked machinery.

"I'm not supposed to say.  In the meantime, everything seems to be okay, but you'll be stuck here a day or two."  She walked over to the door, opened it, and nodded.  Ennis walked into the room, stopping when he saw me.  Melissa walked out and shut the door.  Ennis blinked as I shifted my weight.

"How're you feeling?"  I blinked when my vision blurred again.

"No idea...  I don't know what happened either.  No one's telling me anything, but they want answers."  I shook my head, trying not to cry.  "I only remember a ligh glaring right into my face...  Not being able to move...  The..."  My eyes widened.  "Where's the Oracle stone?!?"  He sat down on the bed.

"It's still around your neck..."  I looked down and saw it.  However, something was missing.

"My necklace!"  In it's place hung two new necklaces, but the silver dove was gone.  Dad's gift was gone.  I started to cry as I shook my head.  Ennis frowned when he noticed the new necklaces.

"A bronze key and a stone arrow-head."  He looked around the room nervously.  "Someone marked you, but...  You're alive, and that's all that matters."  He pulled me into a hug.  "We all were really worried."  I shook my head.

"What happened to me?"  He pulled back and looked at me.

"Someone tried to kill you in a way that we've never seen before.  But, they realized what you were.  Now, you're in danger."  I started to cry again, scared out of my mind.  He rubbed my back as I cried into his shoulder.