Chapter 41 - The Prudence

The detectives, with the help of the injured victims, finally exposed Joe for his murders. The detectives and Mr. Patrick thanked Alice for her major role. Had it not been because of Alice's help will they collect the missing pieces of the puzzle quickly and save Morrie's life.

The information and evidence gathered in the course of the investigation were presented to an appropriate U.S Attorney to determine whether or not prosecution will be warranted.

The news spread around nationwide that the case from years ago was finally solved. They had arrested the killer of the 10 people and revealed that it was not the CEO of Def Media Corporation, Jorge Kione, but was a man disguising all along by the name of Joe Schmidt. The gruesome scene was reported live on television, including the controversial kill count made by two different people. The story was aired on TV the night when Alice, Paul, Joe and his father was in the operating room.

The news reporters announced Jorge Kione's case and the hospital involved with organized crime. They named him as a "murder puppet" after discovering that he wasn't on treatment and his medications were all fake. They reassured the people that the doctor and nurses who were involved with it will automatically lose their license.

They were on process in taking legal actions towards the criminals involved and were making sure that justice will be served.

The news gave the people their peace of mind they were craving for a long time. They were freed from the ghosts of the past that haunted them through their everyday lives. The darkness was paved away, clarity was earned and lessons were learned. If it was not for the dark will they never be grateful for the light.

The doctor finished Alice's operation because her wound has to be stitched immediately. She woke up really groggy after two hours. She was anesthetized for the operation so the medicine still sits in with her causing her to feel high.

The nurse entered her room to check on her. She was barely awake when she said, "Jorge? Is that you?"

The nurse looked at her and said "No ma'am. You've mistaken me for someone else. I am the nurse on duty today to check on you. You're still under a lot of medications so don't worry, it's normal."

She scoffed and said "Oh come on, stop lying. It's what you always do."

"I can call your relatives to see you now that you're awake." The nurse prepares himself to go out but not until Alice talked again.

"Where are you going? Come back."

"I will call your parents to see you, Ms. Simone."

"Why do you always leave me? I just saw you now and you'll be gone again? You don't know what I feel when you leave me hanging. You lied to me. You manipulated me-------I hated you. But even after all that, it boils down to one thing. I miss you---so much. You should be here with me. Ultimately, no one knows if that is selfish or not and even if it is, to hell with the rest of the world and their opinions. You should be here. Your pretty green eyes, your beautiful smile... your wily heart, torn mind and tortured soul. You deserve better. You should be here with me!"

The nurse didn't expect to hear her statement about Jorge, the murderer. He thought that it was just because of her medications and it was best to talk to her when she's already on her best behavior. Nonetheless, he kept in mind whatever she says as it could be a useful information, thinking whatever it is, it was her subconscious mind speaking.

He said "I'll be back. I'll call your parents." then left the room and called her family members. She was feeling very sleepy so she closed her eyes.

For what felt like seconds, she opened her eyes.

Alice saw her parents inside the room. Her mom was crying and her senses were suddenly shakened by their presence. Her mother was worried sick. She looked at the clock on the wall inside her room and she slept for an hour. She never knew she slept that long already. She's feeling better now, perhaps the effect of the medication had subsided.