Chapter 25 - Dive

He looked at her with no emotion, but was probably of a type to have concealed it anyway. Jack stiffened slightly, his humorless face appeared.

He knew that she had fallen to the depth of her own tenderness towards another lost soul.

He finally found the words to say, "I've waited so long."

He leaned closer to her and kissed her, this time more passionate than their previous ones.

He said, "I like kissing you.", each word parted by kisses in betweens.

He entered the room and closed the door, his lips still locked with hers, taking every moment as if it lasted forever.

Alice didn't want to part her lips from his. They could do it all day long. Their longing has been poured into that kiss to withdraw the emptiness they felt within without each other's arms.

Jack put his hand on her head, her hair stuck between his fingers, his other hand holding the side of her face.

He moved away and leaned his forehead to hers, out of breath.

"Alice..."

Alice was gasping for breath. She waited for what he'll say.

"I'm yours. All yours."

She smiled and responded, "I'm all yours too."

Jack smiled too. "But.... Alice."

"What?"

"What do you want for lunch?" He went back to the question she failed to answer.

Alice then burst into laughter. "You're really funny!"

Jack laughed with her.

Alice looked into his eyes, suddenly became serious when she said, "I really... really like you."

Jack kissed her lips again and said "I like you more than you've ever known, Alice."

He held both of her hands and intertwined his fingers through hers.

They were just standing in front of each other. His grip got tighter as he felt his heart beating abnormally.

He felt different. It was different. Alice was different.

Alice spoke, "What will happen when we go back to the office?"

"It's a weekend tomorrow. You don't have to think about it."

"But... when Monday comes... I don't know... It scares me."

"We can't tell them. But for now, stay with me."

"I will."

They remained standing still and just stared at each other again like they couldn't get enough of each other. Their bodies send signals to blend in the warmth of the day. There has been a resistance between them.

Alice said "Anything."

"Huh?"

"Anything Aunt Maria cooks, I'll go for it."

Jack slightly beamed. "Great."

"But you have to sit beside me."

"Of course, I will."

He pulled her and went outside the room to move to the kitchen. They go around, exposed and free to whatever they want to do.

In the mansion, they are safe, no pretensions, no fear, no judgments... just them and their fiery hearts that dared to bare.