Chapter 2 - Caged In

Few minutes later, Jack had finally arrived at the building of his company.

As he entered the office, a staff greeted him, "Good Morning Sir Jorge."

He kept a straight face to anyone of them and just kept on walking. He didn't even greet back. It was a typical Monday morning for everyone. It happens everyday like clockwork. He went straight to the log book of their company and logged in. Then after he signed the paper, he secretly looked for Alice's name.

He smiled as if he saw good news upon looking.

He continued walking on the way to his office. His assistant walked near him while he's walking and said "Sir, there are files sent from the creative committee's office. They said these were supposed to be sent to you."

Jack said "Put it on my table."

"Alright sir." The assistant hurriedly walked in front of Jack in order to put the files in his table even before he sits on his chair and looks at them.

Jack had no reactions. He's just as serious as what bosses act like. He looked so professional and corporate.

Few seconds later, he reached his office. The assistant went out to leave him alone.

He sat on his chair and looked at the trophy just beside his table. In the trophy, his name was carved in.

Jorge Kione

Chief Executive Officer

He smiled. He had been trying to hide his true identity to other people through that name since Jack Kinley's face is still unknown to everyone but his name is very popular as a serial killer years ago. Jack Kinley's identity is still a mystery until now.

Some are already wondering whether Jack was just a pseudonym to put their minds into his game. They couldn't find his profile, even investigators couldn't track where he went. He just vanished with no signs. He left the corpses found and rot without any clue of the suspect.

He is indeed the smartest killer that some of the cases remained unclosed.

Jorge adjusted the gooseneck lamp over the pages of the files he had spread out on his desk. Those are the database information on projects that are needed to be presented next week which are offered by another company. He said while checking them all out, "If these projects mean larger offers and more investors, I could easily pull this off in a split second."

He put them back to the table. As he dug for paper clip in a drawer to compile all the papers, he heard a key in the front door of his office. He grabbed up the grim photographs on the desk and stuffed them into an envelope.

The front door swung open. "Hi-de-ho? You here, Jorge?"

"In my office." He rolled his chair to the doorway and leaned back to catch sight of Morrie coming through the door, her arms loaded with packed up dinner.

Morrie was a sexy assistant secretary with milky skin, short black hair, dark brown eyes and known as their designer too. She had always been interested in wearing expensive and branded clothes. Her inner spirit was just the same as Jack's dark side. She has this unusual relationship going on with her boss.

Jack closed the office door behind her and went to the kitchen area of his office to help her put down the bags.

"How was your day?" Morrie asked. She was way too happy for the mood Jack was in tonight.

"Shitty, yours?"

"Delivered healthy foods to the other staff and then went back to the office and did about, oh, I don't know, half of the job here to impress you." She leaned across the kitchen counter to kiss Jack but Jack moved away, switching gears, thinking of Morrie and her dirty plans. He declines her.