Chapter 3 - Closer and Closer

She felt shivers down her spine when she sensed that he's too close already.

But not until he passed her by... The switch was just located at the wall beside her. He switched on the lights in the living room and said, "Sorry if it's too dark here inside. I'm not used to very bright surroundings."

She was still standing there, not moving. Her body was still frozen.

Jack said "Alice?"

Alice couldn't look straight at him. Jack turned around and wore off his coat and let it lay on the couch. He said "You can sit."

Alice, who has not been feeling a not really good vibe of what's happening, said "I really have to go."

"Why are you leaving so fast?" He sat down on the couch.

"Because I need a rest..."

"Why are you sweating out there? Seriously? I thought my air con was strong enough to freeze someone here but you're sweating."

"Yes, it's kinda cold here but I'm sorry sir, I really need to go." She turned around and walked to his door.

He said "Are you scared?"

Alice paused and she couldn't look back. She didn't want to see him grinning.

"Why are you running away from me?" He sounded so possessive towards her. It made him appear even scarier.

She looked back slowly and she saw him sitting on the couch, seriously looking at her. He was giving her the ferocious look.

Alice said "Sir I'm sorry if I couldn't eat with you tonight. Besides it's already a quarter to 2 so I really need my rest."

He stood up and said "Oh come on Alice, I just wanted to know you... Can't we have this comfortable relationship?"

"No? Because you're actually making me uncomfortable..."

"What do I need to do to make you comfortable then?"

"By letting me go out."

"How could that make us both comfortable? You wouldn't even take a chance on me."

"This just wouldn't work if you keep doing it like this."

"What?" He went closer to her slowly. "What do you think am I doing?"

She walked backwards, going closer to his door and reaching for the knob.

Until, he heard her twist it. He suddenly laughed.

"Wait.... I get it.... What do you think of me? A rapist? Oh Alice, you're my secretary! I wouldn't rape someone like you."

She frowned even more

She frowned even more. He continued, "Raping is a crime. A CEO like me doesn't do crime. Don't think of me like that! You're making it funny."

Alice replied "And I'm not just someone you can boss around like this! Really? Bringing me into your house? What the hell is this? A private meeting?! Well first of all, my work hours with you are finished so will you please let me out of here?!"