Chapter 11 - The Unfolding

When Alice got home, she fell asleep right away. Might be because of the beer. She knew she has weak tolerance over alcohol.

Right when she was deeply asleep, Jack went back to his apartment. He said "Damn. Why does FBI keep on messing with my business?! I'm doing my plans then there they came, fucking everything up! They told Alice about it!" He walked to his bedroom. "But I am not a feeble minded person like anybody else. I have my ways. In fact, they made it all easier for me to get closer to the target... Sweet!"

He smiled and laid on his bed with arms under his head. He stared at the ceiling. "Let's see what tomorrow brings... Smells like I'm about to have fun."

Then he shut the lights off and slept.

The Monday morning comes. It's the morning that made them realize what happened last night. One actually regretted it. Alice did. She thought as she woke up, "Shit! What the hell did I do?! What is wrong with me?! I just kissed my boss! Oh no, I'm in trouble!!"

She got up from her bed, went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She can't believe what she just did to him through her mouth. She was disgusted with herself. She closed her eyes.

"It didn't happen. Right! Pretend that it didn't happen!" She recited in front of the mirror.

But as she spat out the water from her mouth, she felt guilty again. She can't help it. She freaked out. No idea what to act in the office now that she just kissed him and will see him often. She can't fight the embarrassment she had within. But she had to fight the urge of not going to work today because tomorrow is her day off. She had to act deserving for it this day.

Therefore, she went to the office. She kept on wishing that she won't see her boss on the way to her station because she had not prepared for that scene. She didn't want to see him again. Suddenly, she just became acting odd because of last night. But what really surprised her this morning was the order of the boss just now. He wanted her in his office immediately. She gulped deep down her throat. She didn't really want to go there nor ever want to see him again.

But she had to follow orders so she swallowed her pride and entered.

When she was already inside, she was looking down, can't even look at him straight in the eyes. She looked frozen in her position. She can't just act normally in front of him again.

Jack spoke, "Coffee please, Alice." He sounded serious.

Alice said "OK" then she hurriedly went away to make him a coffee. She almost didn't want to go back in but having a coffee with her will make her look so slack inside their office. She enters again.

She put the coffee at the table.

Jack said "Thank you for this again."

"Sure." She couldn't even look at him.

"What's wrong?" He stares at her.

"Nothing."

"You tell me nothing's wrong but you can't even look at me. Is this about—"

"I'm not myself last night, OK? Get it straight. I'm drunk. It was not my intention." She strongly spoke.

"People tend to do what they really want when they're drunk. That's a fact so I believe that." He smiled. He really was a man of facts.

 He really was a man of facts