Chapter 10 - A Call To Arms

When she looked at it, she saw that it was just Sofia calling her. She sighed in relief. She answered the call. "Geez! I thought you were somebody else! Why are you calling me at this time, Sofia?"

"You did it on purpose, didn't you?"

"What?"

"You went to your office early and left me in your apartment sleeping just to escape my interrogation this morning!"

"I tried waking you up! You didn't. So I left."

"Still hits my guess huh?"

"A little bit! Oh please, I have nothing to explain to you that time!"

"So you're saying that you have something to explain to me now uh? Tell me something about your Mr. Savior!" she teased.

"Why are you more excited to my love life than I do? Seriously?"

"He's a hot man! Don't you see it yourself? Last time you had a boyfriend, he looks like shit so I'm just explaining to you that this is kind of new to me."

Alice laughed. She leaned her arms on the kitchen counter. "You're a mean girl, Sofia. But that makes sense."

"Told ya."

She looked up and reminisced to what happened lately. She had a smile on her face when she said "Hey, you know what? Last night, I'm not like this but tonight, I think I'm completely fallen in."

"Oh my gosh! Like you're attracted to him?"

"I'm not sure."

"What happened?"

"He asked me out lately to eat dinner with him. Sofia, why do you think a guy would ask a girl out? We're not close enough for him to ask it casually."

"I really think that he likes you. I saw it from him when I caught you two together doing the hug thing. I saw the look from his eyes that he badly wants to get into your pants."

"Shut up! He's not sexually attracted to me!"

"Trust me. I know that kind of look. That look from a guy who wants to have sex with you then when he got what he wanted from you, he'll dump you."

"He's not like that. I hope so. Besides, my boss has high standards. He can't like me." She sounded smiling. "-But lately, he told me I'm attractive."

"See?!"

"He's not a bad guy as I thought he was. He's completely the opposite. He has his soft side too. He's not always cheerful but it was definitely a good day if you happened to meet him. He was well respected and nobody that I know would want to hurt him."

"And you're giving him a chance now?"

"Not exactly giving him a chance, but my doors are open, you know."

"That's the same thing!"

"Maybe, and you know what? I think he's kinda cute and handsome too."

"Is it possible for the both of you to have a connection, you know, that kind of connection? You're nearly 30 too. Doesn't it cross your mind even once?"

"I can't see it happening between us but sometimes there's that kind of attraction!"

"Really? Mr. Savior could get a point, you mean?"

"Plus that one! He saved me from danger. That's a major turn on."

"I know! So does your killer still follow you around?"

"Luckily, he doesn't anymore. Talking about that, I must track the killer's number and find out who he is by the way. Tomorrow as I woke up..."

"Oh, good luck on that. I hope you'll find him."