002

total time in the elevator two hours and fifteen minutes.

"oh my goodness finally" asia exclaimed as she stood up from the gross elevator floor helping zion up as well and stood in front of the doors that slowly opened.

"sorry about the wait" was the first thing the fire fighters said after opening the door. the elevator wasn't perfectly on the fifth floor so i had to duck a bit but i jumped down and zion followed.

"thank you" i thanked them and they thanked us for being patient. zion and i both walked down the hall to the apartments we were heading to.

"it was nice getting to know you asia" zion said as we paused in between two apartments one being the one i needed to go into.

"you too" i replied and there was an awkward pause.

"um i better get going" zion said pointing to a door.

"yeah me too" i said and we both went for the door.

"wait, are you telling me we just spent over two hours in an elevator together and we are going to the same party and we are just finding out?" zion said holding the apartment door handle.

"we are actually stupid" i laughed and so did he. he opened the door to see a full apartment of what looked like close friends and walked in.

"drinks?" he asked me twirling his phone in his hand and putting it into his back pocket.

"yeah" i replied and followed him to the kitchen.

"aye z, how was the ride up?" a small dominican guy asked him dapping him up and laughing.

"not bad at all" he turned and smiled at me.

"why hello, and you are?" the dominican boy pushed through his friends once he saw me and stood in front of me.

"asia" i replied meeting his hand for a "handshake".

"edwin" he pulled my hand up to his mouth and kissed it.

"fuck outta here with that shit" a girl with braids pushed edwin out of the way "i'm sorry about him i'm diamond" the girl introduced herself.

"asia" i smiled at her and zion came by my side and handed me a drink "you put anything in it?" i looked at the drink and looked at him.

"hell no who do you think i am, a perv" zion asked offended.

"never can be too careful" diamond admitted.

"cheers to that" i said and held up the drink and diamond and i tapped our cups together. diamond and i stood in the kitchen a bit longer just talking about ourself and getting to know eachother.

"so not gonna lie i was surprised to see a new face at the party because usually it's the same squad" diamond said to me.

"oh well actually my friend sophie practically dragged me here." i admitted.

"what did you say about me?" i heard sophie say from behind me.

"just how much i love my best friend" i turned around to see her and pulled her into a hug.

"liar" she smiled "if you don't mind diamond i'm going to pull asia to the dance floor, join if you want" sophie pulled my hand.

"no no, i'm gonna catch up with some people" diamond smiled and sophie and i went dancing. we danced with each other as the music blared laughing hysterically. after a while of dancing it started to get very sweaty and my legs hurt from how much i was swaying my hips so i decided to go take a breather outside. i walked out to the patio with a spiked seltzer in my hand and my phone in the other. i made my way over to a patio set and sat down on a bench not paying attention to the others that were outside.

"asia!" i heard my name called and i looked up to see zion walking towards me.

"hey" i stood up and we gave each other a little hug.

"wanna join?" he asked pointing to a group of guys and girls that sat around in a circle passing around a blunt.

"yeah why not" i shrugged and we walked over to the group. i recognized some people but others i didnt know. zion sat down on a bench and i sat down next to him.

"you having fun?" he asked me as i took off the puffer jacket and looked for a place to put it.

"yeah, im tired though" i replied. zion took the jacket out of my hands and placed it on his lap and just smiled and nodded like he was doing nothing. we all talked and i got to know all of the guys, and maybe it's the fact that i'm high and have alcohol in my system but i just realized how attractive zion was.

asia looked at the boys skin admiring how smooth and clear it was. her eyes trailed to his dreads that feel far over his eyes but also made him very attractive. his plump lips called for me to kiss them as his smile shined bright.

zion looked at the girl sitting next to him and gushed over how beautiful she was. asia was way out of his league, believe it or not she was that beautiful. her honey eyes glistened in the moonlight. baby freckles cover her nose and cheeks, barley visible, but it was so amazing to zion that something so small could make a girl so extremely hot and cute at the same time.

"what?" the two said in sync as they noticed each other staring.

"nothing" they both dismissed each other and laughed to themselves.