Ch. 41: Oppo Taco (Jimmy/Stacia)

Jimmy

"How can you not know what an oppo taco is girl?" I asked Stacia.

"I just don't know what you're talking about," Stacia said. "Especially since we're eating at a taco place right."

I was still surprised.

"I told you that when you hit a homer to the opposite field, it's called an oppo taco. Oppo rhymes with taco."

"Not quite," Wade said eating his taco. "It only sounds the same though."

"Whatever Wade," I said before turning to Wade. "You're a right-handed hitter, right?"

"Yes," Stacia answered.

"And you hit the ball to right field where it went over the fence, correct?"

"So,"

"So you hit the ball the opposite way when normally you tend to pull the ball to left field."

"How do I pull the ball to left field?" Stacia was really acting like she had never heard the terms before. I just held my hands in disgust.

We were actually at a taco place the day after Texas won the conference championship. With Stacia and I were Wade and Wilma. It was the first time we ever went on a double date where we actually were dating someone. Of course, Wade and Wilma had been together for a few months while Stacia and I were over a year.

As for the oppo taco talk, Stacia had homered to right field in the title game. Yet, for whatever reason, she wasn't too familiar with the term oppo taco. I was totally surprised by this. I always thought softball players were just as knowledgeble about baseball as baseball players were. Yet, she wasn't that aware of some terms.

Oh, believe me, she knew what a home run, strikeout, and balks were. But there were certain things she could improve on.

"Is there any other baseball or softball terms involving food?" Wilma asked.

"Well dear," Wade said to her. "There is a grand salami."

"Like a grand slam?" Stacia asked.

"Exactly," Wade replied.

"And a grand slam is when the bases are occupied by someone?" Wilma continued.

"See, you're already getting it." Wade said.

"Getting what?" A voice said.

Stacia

We looked up and saw Jordan coming to us. None of us expected her to join us. But we were happy she did.

"Oh, we were just teaching Stacia some lingo in baseball," Jimmy said with a smirk. I eyed him intensely.

"Well, I'm glad I caught y'all," Jordan interrupted. "I just got off the phone with Coach Springs. She said that I was named a finalist for the NCAA Women Athlete of the Year."

"WHAT?" I shouted, which was so loud other people turned to us.

"Sorry everyone," Wade shouted to the others before all was normal.