Ch. 25: Brawl (Jordan)

Three guys came up to us and sort of invaded our personal space.

"Well men," one of them with a black flattop hair said. "I'd say this is a great spot for us to relax."

The other two agreed with the guy. Flattop's two friends included a long red-haired guy with a nose ring a short bald guy who had a tattoo of a dragon on his right bicep. It was an ugly-looking dragon I might add. But what was even uglier was how close the guys were.

"Excuse me," Beth said. "But this is our spot. Would you guys mind moving far away from us?"

"What do you know?" Flattop said. "These girls kindly asked if we could move away from them."

The three men laughed.

"Listen sweetheart," Flattop continued. "We own this part of the beach. So you're either going to accept it or move."

"Well that's funny," Quinn remarked. "I don't see your names on the sand. Are you sure it's reserved for you fools?"

"Please," Red-Haired butted in. "This is our beach. But I think we should keep you girls company."

The guys then set their stuff down next to us. They were carrying a stereo, blankets, and some twelve-packs of beer.

"This is going to be fun," Baldy said as he opened a bottle of beer.

It wouldn't be fun for us as the guys blasted the stereo loud right in front of us. The music was some rock and roll bullshit that I had never heard of before. They then started chugging down a can of beer each. Once they finished with one, they started on another. About three minutes in, it was believed they had chugged down nine cans of beer. They were going berserk over there.

"This is the best... day... ever," Baldy said clearly intoxicated.

It didn't matter how great there day was because our space was invaded.

"WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THAT SHIT OFF?" Bethany shouted.

The guys looked at each other.

"She said...we should...shut the thing off," said Flattop.

"No problem," Red-Haired stated. But instead of shutting it off, he made it worse by turning the volume up. I started to feel my brain starting to explode. After a few minutes of trying to cover my ears, I had enough. While the guys were going crazy with the drinking and acting like they were rock and roll stars playing imaginary guitars, I went to their stereo and turned off the music. Needless to say, they weren't too pleased.

"What the hell?" asked Flattop. "Who gave you the right to turn that off?"

"Who gave you the right to play it without our permission?" I replied. "We're trying to enjoy ourselves and you are ruining it for us."

"So what sweetcheeks? I can do whatever I wanted."

"First off, it's want. You're too drunk to realize it right now. Second off, this is not making everyone happy here. Either leave here or face the consequences."

I thought I had them thinking. But I was too dumb to know any better.

"Sorry bitch," Flattop continued. "But we're staying here."

Red-Haired and Baldy fist-bumped each other as if they were agreeing. Seeing that and realizing they weren't going to comply with our request, I decided it was too much to deal with this.

"Come on girls," I finally said. "Let's go,"

We got our stuff and were heading down the beach. But not for long as I heard a slap. I turned to look and the guys who were laughing as Flattop was going back to them. I then looked and saw Bethany holding her bottom. It didn't take long for me to put two and two together. I dropped my stuff and went right to Flattop. As soon as he turned, I threw a punch.