Poetic Justice

“A fatal attraction is common and we have common is pain” –Kendrick Lamar x Poetic Justice

         Rasia walked around Chris’s house looking for him. He said that he would drop by last night to see her but never showed up so she wanted to check on him to make sure he was okay. It wasn’t exactly unusual of him to not show up and not call but being that Harmony just died she didn’t wanna take any risk by not checking on him.

        Once she realized he wasn’t in the house, she walked into the family room and placed Rico down grabbing the remote and turning on the TV to keep him occupied. She grabbed her phone out her back pocket and proceeded to call Chris but heard the front door instead. She walked towards the foyer and saw Chris walking in with his head hanging low.

        “Hey…” She announced her presence.

        He shot his head up and looked at her confused. “When you get here?”

        “Just a few minutes ago, I was comin’ to make sure that you were okay” She responded.

        Chris sighed and walked pass her going into the kitchen with Rasia following after him. “I’m straight, you cool?”

        “Yeah, I was just worried about you” She shook her head.

        “You know I’m fine” Chris chuckled blandly. “Ain’t I always?”

        Rasia slowly nodded her head and looked around. It was becoming awkward every time they were around each other for the simple fact that they weren’t together. They haven’t talked much about their standing because of the death of Harmony and it didn’t seem like Chris was ready.

        “Where’s my son?” Chris asked.

        “In the living room” She replied watching him leave out the kitchen.

        Rasia got up and walked to the living room standing in the door way. She smiled at Chris showing Rico tough love like he always did, making Rico smile. To know that Harmony is no longer around to enjoy it with them makes Rasia’s heart ache and reminds her to appreciate her son while she has him.

        At any given moment he can be taken away from her and not only him but Chris too. Chris has done so much for Rasia and she doesn’t know what she’ll do if she could never see him again.

        “Whatchu thinkin’ so hard about?” Chris snapped Rasia out of her thoughts.

        She shook her head and sighed. “Nothin’…”