Climax

“I gave my best it wasn’t enough…” – Usher x Climax

            Once Chris dropped off Shayne and Calvin he swung over to Sandra’s house with no hesitation. When he got to her house she didn’t even step aside to let him through, instead she stood in the doorway waiting for him to talk.

            “You gon’ let me in or what?” He sighed.

            She rolled her eyes and let him walk in. When he got in the house he searched for Harmony just so he won’t say something her ears aren’t suppose to hear. After realizing she wasn’t downstairs he started his rant.

            “Are you fucking crazy?” He nearly shouted. “Walking around a fucking club naked like you ain’t got no fuckin’ sense. You must not know the problems that working there causes and it’s most definitely problems you’re not built for”

            Sandra stood in the doorway of the leaving room leaning against the frame looking casual which only made Chris madder. She had her arms crossed over her chest and occasionally looked at her nails like she didn’t care to hear him speak the truth.

            He couldn’t understand how someone like her could make a stupid decision as to work in a strip club practically begging for money by taking her clothes off. He thought it was low of her and she should have more self respect than that.

            “You gon’ talk or continue to look stupid?” He asked.

            “I’m waitin’ for you to be done” She replied. “I’ve heard this all before”

            “Yeah, well you ain’t hear it from the father of your child!” He retorted. “You don’t need to be doin’ this shit Sandra”

            “You’re actin’ like I enjoy this shit, I do it so that I can provide for my child” She pointed upstairs.

            “That’s why I’m here” He said through gritted teeth.

            He understood that he hasn’t been here for the past five years but now that he is she doesn’t have to stoop so low as to strip for money.

            “You’re absolutely correct, but who’s gonna provide for me?” She titled her head to the side waiting for an answer. “Not you, that’s for sure!”

            “If I have to I will” He responded.

            She quickly shook her head and walked pass him and went to the kitchen. He followed right behind her not done with the conversation.

            “What now?” He questioned as she started to clean up the kitchen.