Serenity

“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time; enjoying one moment at a time; expecting hardships as a pathway to peace…” –Reinhold Niebuhr

            Shayne knocked on Tavi’s door for the second time waiting for her to open up. He sent her a text and called her but she didn’t respond to neither. He heard the latches to the door and then it swung open exposing Tavi’s angry face. She had on Calvin Klein shorts with a sports bra to match and her hair was all over her head.

            “What… The… Fuck” She whispered. “I told you to bring her in the afternoon, not the middle of the night”

            “Look I called you but you ain’t pick up” He sighed. “I got some shit I need to do and I know you wouldn’t like me to leave her wit’ Aniya”

            “Well thanks for being considerate of my feelings” She mumbled walking into the condo.

            He followed after her with Addison sleeping in his arms and put her down on the couch in the living room.

            “Chris told me you saw him yesterday” Shayne shook his head and chuckled. “Bruh got some issues”

            Tavi laughed. “Yeah a lot”

            “Don’t throw him under the bus and tell—“

            Tavi smacked her lips. “Nigga get out” She laughed.

            “What?” He smiled. “I’m just making sure he don’t get caught he aint built for that type of shit”

            Tavi pushed Shayne towards the door while he talked. “I know Shayne. Ima make sure your little butt buddy don’t get caught”

            “A’ight good. And stop doing her hair so damn tight look like her scalp was pulling” He demanded.

            “Nigga do you do her hair?” She asked. “Exactly you don’t” She said before he could reply. “And why are you bringing her here at…” She stopped looking around to see the time.

            “Five o’clock” He said looking down at his Rolex.

            She smacked her lips. “This is mad disrespectful to my sleep schedule”

            “I need to make some major moves this morning” He opened the door getting ready to leave.

            “Mhm” She hummed. “Don’t do it again” Tavi warned him before closing the door in his face.