Doing It Wrong

“We live in a generation of not being in love and not being together, but it sure feels like we’re together” –Drake x Doing It Wrong

        Sandra pulled up in front of Shayne’s house and Tavi nearly jumped out of the car before it could stop. When she saw all the police cars outside she knew that this wasn’t about to be good. She just hopes that Addison and Shayne are both okay.

        She walked into Shayne’s house followed by Sandra. “Shayne!” Tavi yelled his name.

        Tavi was stunned to see the detectives that were on her case appear down the hallway. “Hello Tavi”

        “Where’s Shayne?” She asked getting straight to the gist.

        “We had him taken down to the precinct, he’s under arrest” The female detective said.

        “Why?” She questioned.

        The male detective sighed. “We cannot discuss this with you at this time”

        “Well where is my daughter?” She yelled.

        Sandra placed her hand on Tavi shoulder but Tavi just shrugged it off. She was so focused on finding out where Addison was and only that.

        “We don’t know, she wasn’t here when we came—“

        “What do you mean she wasn’t here?” Tavi yelled in the female detectives face. “Where is she?”

        “Tavi, I’m going to have to ask you to calm down please” She asked.

        Tavi shook her head and turned towards the door leaving out. “Tavi wait” Sandra called after. “Where do you think she’s at?”

        Tavi walked back and fourth on the side walk running her fingers through her hair. She was getting flash backs from the night Addison went missing from the hospital. Then she thought about Chris’s mom and looked up at Sandra.

        “She might be at Angela’s” Tavi said going over to the car and getting in.

        Sandra did the same and put her key in the ignition pulling off. Tavi sat in her seat frantically and praying that Addison was at Angela’s but nine times out of ten she was. Shayne would never let Addison out his sight unless she was in the care of his second family. The thought of that made Tavi settle down and catch her breath.

        Ten minutes later they pulled up in front of Angela’s spacious middle class home and got out. Tavi damn near ran to her door and knocked until it was open. Angela appeared with a worried look on her face.