Take Care

“I know you’ve been hurt, by someone else. I can tell by the way you carry yourself” –Drake ft. Rihanna x Take Care           

            Tavi walked up to Shayne house and rang the doorbell waiting for someone to answer. She knew it was a bad idea to show up on a Friday night wanting to take Addison home and she should have asked Shayne at the beginning of the week but she’s been way too busy to even remember to eat. The stress of waking up and going to class at nine in the morning until two o’clock in the afternoon, then doing a long three to eleven shift with the additional school work was just hard to uphold.

            After about fifty seconds the door opened and Aniya stood before her smiling. “Hey”

            “Hey, is Shayne here?” She asked giving her a frail smile.

            Aniya nodded and gestured for Tavi to walk in. “I’ll go get him”

            She nodded as Aniya vanished down a hall. It’s been awhile since Tavi’s been here but nothing has changed. He still had the security system by the door and all his cars were still parked in the circle driveway.

            Tavi heard little feet hitting the floor and she then saw Addison coming down the hall. “Hey baby” She smiled picking up Addison.

            She looked up and saw Shayne walking down the same hallway Addison came from. “Wassup?”

            “Hey, I was wondering if I could keep her this weekend.” She asked while Addison tried to pull her hair.

            “Why?”

            “Because… I never get to see her” She whispered feeling humiliated.

            “So you wanna use my three days to spend time with her when you have her five days a week?” He shook his head. “Don’t take this out on me because you can’t find time for your daughter”

            She sighed. “Shayne, I’m not taking it out on you. I’m just asking for one weekend”

            “And what the fuck is that gonna do for yall relationship?” He asked. “It’s one weekend but next thing you know you’re gonna be asking for every other weekend”

            Tavi felt defeated already and the divergence just started. She didn’t know what to say and she had to collect her thoughts before she broke down.

            “Okay, well im switching her daycare. I’ll text you the addre—“

            “Now you’re being childish” He chuckled cutting her off. “I know exactly what the fuck you’re doing and it’s not gonna fucking work. Either way Aniya is gonna be around her so you can just cut that petty shit out. It’s not her fault that you can’t find time for her it’s your own so take that shit out on yourself” He tried to grab Addison from out of Tavi’s arms but she backed up.