All My Life

“I promise to never fall in love with a stranger” –K-Ci & JoJo x All My Life

        Tavi walked into her condo and placed Addison down so she can go about her business. She locked her door and then heard her phone vibrating in her purse. She pulled it out expecting for it to be Shayne but instead it was Sandra.

        “Hey boo” Tavi answered going into the kitchen to put down the McDonalds she bought for her and Addison.

        “What’s up?” Sandra asked.

        “Nothing much just got in the house from my moms” She huffed into the phone.

        “What’s wrong wit’ you?” Sandra sensed Tavi’s tension.

        “Well where should I start?” Tavi laughed. “Rashad stood me up and broke up with me. I cussed Shayne out to the point of no forgiveness and on top of that my mom and I are arguing”

        “Damn” She mumbled. “Well if it makes you feel better I wanna take you on a date”

        Tavi laughed while stuffing her face with fries. “What are you talkin’ about?”

        “Calvin and Kim are getting married on Saturday and I wanna take you as my date” She informed.

        “Since when were you and Kim friends?” Tavi questioned.

        She knew that Kim and Sandra went to school together but didn’t know that they had any connection. Although Kim did show up at Harmony’s funeral she figured it was on Chris’s behalf.

        “We were friends back in high school but kind of fell out and ever since the funeral her and I have been in contact” Sandra replied.

        “Unlike you, Kim and I haven’t been in contact and I think the last person she wants at her special day is me” Tavi walked into the living room and picked Addison up bringing her into the kitchen to eat.

        “You’re wrong” She laughed. “I asked Kim if I could bring you as my date and she said of course…”

        Tavi contemplated if she wanted to go or not. She knew Shayne would be there because his close friend was getting married so she thought about using this opportunity to apologize to him. But then again she hasn’t talked to Kim in forever and just didn’t wanna be in an awkward position.

        “I don’t know Sandra” Tavi sighed sitting Addison on her lap to feed her.

        “Please!” She begged. “Think of it as if you’re goin’ for Calvin… He saved Addison’s life so that makes him a very important person in you’re life”