They Don't Know

“If I go way back we been fuckin’ wit each other since high school” –Migos x They Don’t Know (Remix)

            “You know what…” Dr. Ellis stopped Tavi before she could answer her question. “Let’s go in a different direction. How about you tell me about your childhood” She smiled.

            Tavi nodded trying to think of a few words to describe her childhood. It wasn’t terrible but at the same time it wasn’t the greatest either. “My life as a child was manageable. I grew up in a middle class background but I learned very quickly that money doesn’t buy happiness”

            “And how did you learn that?” She questioned.

            “Well, I had financial support. Ya’ know my mom would send me to school with more money then needed always paid for the best school pictures but I didn’t have that emotional support that I needed as well” She sighed. “My mom was a workaholic she was never home so I had to always stay with the babysitters which eventually stopped once I turned fifteen and I started staying home by myself”

            “What about your dad? No family member to look after you?” Dr. Ellis asked writing down on her notepad.

            Tavi shook her head thinking about what it would be like to be with a bunch of family members and how she might have turned out differently. “My dad wasn’t around, and my mom had no contact with her family after she had me”

            Dr.Ellis looked up from the paper. “Do you still live at home with your mom?”

            “No, as of a few days ago I live by myself with my daughter” She smiled.

            “And how do you like it?” She wrote more on her paper.

            Tavi took in all her facial expressions and realized that most of her questions flowed naturally. She always used to think that psychiatrist had a list of questions for first timer patients but it seems as though they treat ever client in a different way.

            “I feel… alone” Tavi lowered her head.

            Dr.Ellis nodded her head. “I bet. You’ve been alone your whole upbringings so it’s natural for you to feel alone when you move out. Now have you experienced any traumatic events when you were younger…? And you don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want me to know”

            “If you mean molestation, rape, or death. No” Tavi shook her head. Tavi didn’t wanna go into details or talk about the latest event that happened in her life just yet. She wanted to get some of the minor problems situated before she did.

            “Okay” Dr. Ellis nodded. “That’s good, so how old is your daughter and what’s her name?” She smiled.

            Tavi instantly felt joy in her heart when she talked about Addison. It was as if she could talk about her for hours without even noticing. “She’s seven months, and her names Addison”