Wait No More

“It ain’t like we scared, but we know what happens when things move too fast but should be moving slow” –Jhene Aiko x Wait No More

            Shayne sat in his Range Rover outside of Tavi’s house waiting for her to come outside, so they could hurry up and get to the church for Joseph’s funeral. It was a rainy Saturday morning and just the scenery alone put Shayne in a bad mood and he just hoped he don’t accidentally say something out of pocket to Tavi to start up an argument.

            But they’ve been doing well so he doubt that will happen.

            He watched as she walked out of her house wearing a black knee length Moschino dress, with black suede Jimmy Choo heels to match. Her hair was straightened in a nice neat bun on top of her head and she wore a string of pearls around her neck, and a Chanel clutch to top off the look.

            She got into the car and the air immediately filled with the scent of Chanel perfume.

            Shayne sat there admiring her beauty and how nice she looked dressed up.

            “You good?” He asked watching her put her seatbelt on.

            She nodded. “Yeah”

            He took one last look at her before driving off and heading towards the church. She didn’t say much and neither did Shayne, so the car ride was silent.

            Twenty minutes later Shayne pulled into FirstBaptistChurch parking lot and they got out. They stood side by side in front of the church watching everyone walk in. Shayne was more then nervous but you couldn’t tell because he had his everyday face on. He looked down at Tavi as she adjusted herself.

            He could tell she didn’t wanna be here but he needed someone to stand by him through this, and he appreciated her for doing something for him.

            Shayne sighed and grabbed Tavi’s hand making their fingers entwine together. She looked up at him with a small smile on her face. Shayne took that as to say that she’s ready to go in.

            They walked up to the church and through the double doors. It was quiet and everyone was seated having small talk.

            Loren was standing near the door and when she spotted them she made her way towards them.

            “Hey” She smiled. “You two look nice”

            Shayne and Tavi’s black attire most definitely complimented each other. Shayne was wearing a black Marc Jacobs tux with Givenchy loafers and his dreads were braided back. He left the jewelry simple with just a gold big face Rolex shining on his wrist.

            “Thanks” Tavi mumbled.