t w e n t y f i v e

Laura

I walked into the nearby post office to drop off my application for college. I'm planning on attending MUNY: Music University of New York, but I have a feeling in my stomach that's telling me that I won\t be accepted, but I have to tune that out.

I stride through the doors to see that it's relatively busy here, wow. I scan the room for the shortest line and see that at the far side of the building there's a line with only three people in it. I walk over and stand behind a brunette, holding a package similar to mine.

Just as if she read my mind she turned around and smiled. "Package for college?" she asked and I nodded. "Same, and let me tell you, I don't think my chances are high," she said and I laughed a little. "Yeah, same with me. I'm applying to a tough music school," I replied. "Ohhh, you're a music kid," the brunette teased. I smiled. "Yeah, I am," I smiled at her. She returned the smile and then I proceeded to asking her a question. "What school are you applying to," I asked.

She smiled at me and showed me the stamp on her package. "You're applying to MUNY too?" Laura asked, suddenly happy. "Haha, yep! I've played piano since I was 2 and I've been singing since I came out of the womb," she said laughing. I laughed with her.

"Hey, aren't you dating Ross Lynch? I'm sorry I just had to ask," she giggled. My smile faded and a bunch of emotions came flooding back. "Oh, my gosh I"m so sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," she says, placing a hand on Laura's shoulder. "No, no it's fine. Uhm, yeah I was dating him. We broke up literally yesterday," I explained. "Oh gosh, I"m so sorry. That's awful," she said. I smiled at her. "Thanks, it means a lot," I say smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your packages will be shipped very soon, thankyou," the woman who helped us said. "Thanks," I reply before giving my new friend my phone number. "I hope we both get it, it would be so amazing to room with you," she gushed. I smiled and was about to leave before I remember something. "Hey! I never got your name!" I shouted.

"Oh, it's Bri!" she yelled back, making the peace sign with her hands. I laughed and exited the post office and began walking home when I heard a familiar noise.

"My mind says no you're no good for me, you're no good but my heart's made up on you,"

Of course, R5 has to have a gig right now. I just need to stay away from Ross and he's everywhere I am.

"My body can't take what you give to me, what you give, got my heart made up on you,"

The venue they were at came into sight now and Laura climbed a tree to get a better view. Ross was singing off key and at times his eyes would shed a tear. I couldn't help but think it's my fault he's performing badly.

Then my heart stopped.

Ross made eye contact with me. My eyes suddenly swell up with tears and although I closed my eyes to wipe them, he didn't break eye contact. Ross suddenly began to sing better just at the sight of me. I didn't want his fans thinking something was up with him so I forced a smile so he would find a bit of hope.

He returned the smile and his eyes left mine, finally performing normally, but his eyes would always find his way back to mine. I somehow found myself enjoying the performance, completely forgetting that her and Ross broke up yesterday. I eventually began singing along to the songs and my smile grew wider everytime Ross would sing to me.

I don't know why I'm sitting in the top of this tree or why I haven't left yet but all I know is that as much as I think it's right to leave Ross behind and go to college I keep hearing a voice saying

You can't leave him behind Laura, you need him and he needs you. You need each other

And with that I closed my eyes as I listened to R5's music, feeling Ross watching me as I sway back and forth to Stay with Me.

But at the end of the song I hear a voice boom over a microphone.

"Stay with me Laura,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyy guyssss! 1/2 new characters were introduced! Stay tuned for the next chapter to see the other new character revealed!

Anways, so the sequel will be coming soon so I want to hear what you think is a good plot idea.

1) Laura moves to New York for college (at the end of this book) and in the sequel she comes home after three years and now has a degree in teaching music.

2) Laura stays in New York and Ross moves to New York to work on music with Riker and Rocky.

3) Laura doesn't move at all and the plot for the second book will remain in cali.

Comment 1, 2, or 3! If you don't like any, comment suggestions! I may not use any of them, they're just rough ideas!

vote & comment please (:

haileexoxo

PS- SEASON FOUR IS OFFICIALLY ON YAYYYYYY