t w e n t y t w o

Laura;

"Hey it's Ross, I can't get to the phone right now because I'm probably rehearsing with my band or with my friends, leave a message after the tone!"

Ross, it's Laura. We need to talk. Call me back.

My eighth message today. Eighth. I've had it, if he won't answer his phone, then I'll go to him. I grab my keys and leave the house, not really thinking to say goodbye to my aunt. I enter the car and start it, and then drive to Ross's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ringing the doorbell makes me nervous. What if he isn't happy to see me? What if he doesn't like me anymore? My body starts to tremble and I'm about to run away when he opens the door.

"Laura, hey," Ross said, smiling and going in for the hug. His hugs, they usually make my day, they usually make me so incredibly happy. His scent is so sweet and I feel so safe in his arms.

But I decline the hug.

Instead I just walk into his house and sit politely in the kitchen. This is unusual for me. "Laura, are you okay? Usually we just go to my room," he says, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Why didn't you answer your phone? Huh?" I questioned, feeliing more upset by each syllabe I speak.

"My phone's charging, why? Were you trying to call me? Did something happen? Laura talk to me," he spoke softly. "Talk to you? That's actually funny. Hah, you know what Ross? I can't. I literally can't. I'm second to you, just another piece of the puzzle remember? All you ever time for is your band! You never return my calls and I'm always let wondering if you're even commited to this relationship!" I yelled.

"Laura listen-"

"No you listen, I will not tolerate this. I was happy, I've been happy, but right now, all I want to do is just, just throw something. I'm done! completely done! You want to focus completely on your band? GO FUCKING AHEAD! I'm proud of you Ross, I am, but you have no idea what it's like to always come in second place," I said, tears falling.

"Laura pleas-"

"Get the hell away. As of now, Ross, we're taking a break. You can focus on music and I'll focus on college. Not like you give two shits anyway," I said, barely whispering the last part.

I turned around to leave when he spoke again. "Laura I love you,"

I had daggers in my eyes. I glared him down and shook my head.

"Then next time, answer your phone," I said, before storming out, triyng to wipe tears flowing from my eyes.

Was that even the right thing to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

ouch ross, lauras a fiesty one.

sorry for the language btw :O

next chapter is gonna be a bit humorful ;)

im excited

love you

vote & comment

haileexoxo