t w e n t y s i x

Laura

I blinked twice before realizing Ross had just said that.

"Stay with me Laura, please I need you," he pleaded on stage. I wanted to smile and jump into his arms but I know that can't be done. I just sent of my application for college, there's no turning back now.

Sadly I shake my head as I climb down the tree and run in the opposite direction of the venue. "Laura!" I heard someone yell. I turn around to see blonde wavy curls running towards me. It's Rydel.

"Laura! Ross is waiting for you! Please tell me you're going to give him a second chance," Rydel says, out of breath from running. "Rydel I would but I sent off my application for college. I can't face him now," I said sadly. Rydel's eyes glazed over in disbelief. "You actually sent it," she asked shocked. I nodded. Her disbelief turned into a smile.

"I'm happy for you Laura," she said before giving me a hug and running back towards the venue. What was that all about? I shrug it off and walk into a nearby frozen yogurt store. I scan the menu before walking up to the till.

"Hi welcome to Yanny's Yogurt, what can I get for you?" a lady says. That voice sounds familiar. "Maia?" I ask shocked. "Laura! Oh hey," she said with a bit of worry. "Where have you been I've been trying to get ahold you of you for weeks," I say, happy to see my best friend again. "Been busy," Maia simply said. "Just busy? That's it?" I ask, suddenly thinking maybe she doesn't want to see me.

"Yep," she said popping the 'P'. I frowned and proceeded to asking questions. "When did you get this job?" I asked, frowning a little. "Last week," she answers. I nod in understanding. "Why do you need a job here? What happened to working for that ice cream place?" I said, tapping my fingers on the counter. She was about to answer when the door burst open.

And sure enough, there he is. Ross Lynch.

"Laura," he breathed out. He started approaching Maia and I before stopping himself. "Why is Maia here?" he asked stunned. Maia rolled her eyes. I always got the feeling she never liked him. "I work here, dumbass," she said before turning her attention towards something else. Ross just shook it off and approached me.

"Laura, Rydel said you handed in your college application. Are you actually going to New York?" he asked sadly. I avoided his in-capturing gaze and looked at my feet. "Yeah," I responded. "Oh," was all he said in response.

"Okay, if you people are done your pity party could you maybe leave?" she said, glaring. "But Maia I wanted to hang out, like we used to," I said disappointed. She once again glared at me. "Fine. Ross can you leave then," Maia said sternly. "No. I can't leave without Laura," Ross stated.

Ross. I know my heart wants to stay here with him, but what lies for me here? Another broken heart once Ross moves on? I fear for my future if I don't take this step now. Ross needs to let me go. If that letter comes back and says I've been accepted I won't be held back. I'm going. He needs to understand that forever won't happen without hardships.

And me leaving is a hardship we need to face.

I broke up with Ross because of his lack of caring for me but now I see that he truly and deeply does care about me. My heart still belongs to him, but a bit of a break wouldn't hurt anyone. I grabbed Ross's hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Ross, it's time to let go,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

heyyyy guys. a little short but I've decided to introduce the other new character in the next update. you all deserve a really good update so one should be coming your way tomorrow because you guys are just awesome. if something comes up that will result in no updates.

but my life is boring so most likely I'll talk to you guys tomorrow 🌚🐣🙆

comment your thoughts!

& vote thanks 💕

haileexoxo