f o u r t e e n

Laura's POV

--------------

"So, where are you and Ross going?" Maia questioned me as I sit back down at the table. "You heard that?" I asked, gesturing to the conversation we just had. "Well, no, but usually you tow make plans for something," she told me.

Just then Kailey spoke up. "Ross is a good guy. I'm sure he won't hurt Laura. I've known him my whole life," she protested. "Well, I don't know much about him, but he seems okay," Raini said as she played with the food on her plate.

I glanced at Maia and she glanced at me. "Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot," I siad to Kailey and Raini. Kailey smiled and Raini muttered a quick 'no problem' before returning to her food. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't like Maia and I's friendship. I'm sure she's fine though.

"Uhm, Maia, can I talk to you," I say as I take a glance at Raini to see her rolling her eyes, not aware that I was watching her. "Sure," Maia said and she got up and exited the cafeteria. I quickly followed her.

"What did you need Laur?" she asked, looking at her phone. "Do you ever get the feeling that Raini doesn't like our friendship?" I asked Maia. She shrugged. "I've never seen anything misleading," she replied. I furrowed my eyebrows at her and then caught a glimpse of Raini walking out of the cafeteria. "Gotta go Maia, I'll text you," I called after her. She smiled and waved at me. I then started running after Raini.

__________

"Raini!" I yelled after her. She turned around and looked at me. "Laura?" she asked. I just nodded in response because I was too out of breath. "What are you doing here," Raini asked, helping me over to a bench. "I just wanted to be a good friend and see if there was anything wrong," I told her. "Look Laura, I'm fine, now go on back to school, I have an appointment," Raini told me.

"Hang on," I told Raini. She turned her attention towards me and raised her eyebrows. "What?" she asked curiousily. "Do you have something against Maia and I's friendship?" I asked, sighing. "Laura, I have no intention to give off that impression. I think you guys have a gr-" "Raini be honest with me please," I said, looking her in the eye.

"Maia used to go to my school when we were in seventh grade. Her and I were sisters, practically lived at each other's houses, did evrything together, until she got to know Mr Lynch," Raini explained.

"Ross? Like, Ross Lynch?" I asked, a little bit more curious. However, Raini shook her head.

"Rocky, Rocky Lynch," Raini calrified. That's one of Ross's siblings. "Wait, Ross told me all of his siblings died, how could Rocky have been alive when Maia and I were both in grade seven, that means Ross's siblings would have been dead already. He said they died when we was 13," I said, confused.

"Laura," Raini breathed out. "Maia isn't our age," Raini said. I furrowed my eyebrows."Excuse me?" I asked.

"She's the same age as Rocky," Raini said. "And how old was he?"

"Well, he would be 19 if he was alive right now," Raini said, a little more quietly.

"So Maia is,,"

We both concluded at the same time,

"19 years old,"

______________

Raini's POV

"So she's been lying to me!" Laura yelled. "Laura, she's been doing it for a good reason," I told her. "Yeah? And what reason is that?" She asked me.

I wasn't supposed to show anyone this, but Laura's too far in now. "Come on, I have to show you something," I told her. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into my car.

I'm sorry guys, but she dug it out of me.

_________________

We pulled up to the regular sized house and I stopped the car. "What is this place?" Laura asked curiousily. "I'll show you right away, just promise that you weon't tell anyone, espically Ross," I told her. "Yeah yeah, okay, I"ll keep quiet," Laura promised.

I walked into the door and Laura cautiosily followed behind me.

"Guys!" I said and waited for them to come ouut.

______________

Laura's POV

Raini and I stood there waiting for people to come out. I have no idea what's going on. "Raini, who's that?" a tall brunette asked. "This is Laura, she's one of Ross's good friends," Raini spoke back. "She knows Ross!" a blonde haired girl yelled happily. I was utterly confused.

"Uh, what is going on, if you don't mind me asking," I spoke out from behind Raini. The people standing in front of me all looked at eachother and then one tall blonde haired boy extended his arm for me to shake, followed by the other three.

"Nice to meet you Laura, I'm Riker,"

And right there and then I froze.

______________________

AN: wowwww, cliffhanger, i dont usually do that.

anyways shout out to Kelcee, Kya & Madeline miss you guys :*

and oh ily guys too we almost have 1000 reads! You guys are the bomb and you know it too (:

ilysm,

haileexoxo