e l e v e n

Ross

I waked through the school with my phone in hand. I reached my locker and opened it up. Just then some girl came up to me. What the hell.

"Hey hottie, wanna grab some froyo after school?" she asked, winking. I think I threw up a little. She was dressed like a total slut. I think that whatever makeup there was in this world was on her face and her hair was bleached so blonde it looked white.

"Uhm, no," I simply stated but she tried to get all up on me. "Yeah right, you know you want to get with me," she smirked. Ew, no way. "Hell no, I said, putting my phone in my pocket and trying to leave. "Baby, please just grab some froyo with me," she said, smiling.

"No, I don't date sluts," I said, pushing her off. "But you're a player, you date anyone you want, don't you?" she said, smirking. "Exactly, I date people I want, and I don't want to date you," I said. She rolls her eyes.

"What happened to you? Is it cause of that nerd that lives with you? What was her name?" she asked. "Laura," I answered. "Ah yes, Laura. That's it. You see, before her you were cool, you had a rep," she said pointing her finger at me. "And now? Now you've gone soft," she said, rolling her eyes at me.

"I have not gone soft!" I yell at her. "Haha, that's funny, you think you're still this school's bad boy? Wake up Ross, you need to ditch that goody good," she said, smirking. "What do you mean ditch? I'm not even friends with her! We're enemies! She's at my house cause my mom took her in! I still have my rep! She means nothing to me! She's another piece of the player puzzle! So shut the hell up! Laura is just a person that I have nothing to do with! She's a nerd! I don't like nerds! Therefore I don't like her!" I yelled in her face.

She looked shocked, but then she smirked and pointed behind me. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around to see a little innocent brunette standing there behind me. "Thanks Ross," she said before turning around  running outside. Maia ran after her and I stood there with some tears rolling out of my eyes. I can't believe I just did that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Laura

I sit down on an oak bench outside of the school and cry. That really hurt. I know Ross and I aren't fans of eachother, but I didn't know he felt like that.

"Laura!" I heard Maia calling me. I look up and force a smile. "Oh Laura, I'm practically your sister. I know that's a fake smile," she said sitting down beside me. I look down as she gives me a side hug. "I'm sorry Laura. I know you guys aren't the best of friends, but he didn't have the right to say that," she comforted me. "I, I can't stay there anymore," I choke out.

Maia looks at me sympathetically. "I know," she sighs. "You can stay with me," she says. "No Maia, that's okay. I have an aunt that lives in Anaheim, not far from Los Angeles. She can just come over here, or I go there," I say, forcing out another smile. "But you won't be at school anymore!" Maia saya. I laugh a little. "Nah I still will. I can't ditch my best friend," I say, smiling, for real. She laughs and punches my arm.

"So you need a phone to call your aunt?" Maia said, handing me hers. I nod and take it and dial the number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the phone call with my aunt she told me that she is actually living in LA right now, so all she has to do is come pick me up and take me to her apartment. Maia gave me a ride home from school and I was in my 'room' packing up the very little amounts of things I have. I never told Ross about my aunt coming and taking me, but I don't think he'd care. Like he said,

I"m just a piece in his 'player puzzle'.

I pack my last pair of shorts and flop on the bed. I recall everything that happened today and some tears came out of my eyes. Why does it bother me so much that Ross hated me so much when I should hate him just as much back?

I guess it's just that what he said was hurtful and I just got emotional. Thats all.

But yet I still feel like that's not all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(This is the part I updated earlier called the teaser, but I"ve changed it up a bit, so you should probably re-read it! Thanks!)

Ross

I wake up to my alarm blaring. Another day in school, great. I grab some jeans and a white v-neck and run downstairs for breakfast. As I ate my cereal there was on thing still on my mind.

Laura's performance.

I can't say I've ever seen anything more special. I mean the passion she has. She has some real talent. And then I had to go and say those things about her. If only she knew.

Just then mom comes in. "Ross, Laura's aunt just got here to take  her home. Go tell her so she can get her things!" Mom yelled. What? She's leaving? I sigh. I'll never have a chance to make things right. I walk up to her room and knock on her door.

"What?" I hear from the other side.

"Uhm Laura, your aunt is here to pick you up," I said, looking down. "Oh. Okay.Well I'll be out soon then!" She says.

Part of me felt my heart sink. I'm the main bad boy and I couldn't get one girl to like me. None of my charm worked. None of it. Just then Laura came out of her room.

"We'll, this isn't technically goodbye cause sadly we see each other everyday, but bye for now," she says while rolling her eyes and walking away. "Laura, wait!" I call after her. She turns around and  raises her eyebrows at me. "You'll still be at school right?" I ask, looking at the ground. She sighs and nods in response. "I'lI see you tomorrow then gorgeous," I say before covering my mouth. She wide eyed me. "What did you call me?" she asks. There was no use in covering this one up.

"I called you the truth, if that makes any sense," I say before turning around and going into my room.

 My game hadn't worked on her. I wasn't able to drive her crazy, but she was able to drive me crazy. Damn, she's special.

None of my tricks worked on her. But what amazed me was while I was trying to get her to fall for me,

I think I fell instead.