s e v e n

Ross's POV ~>

I woke up to my mother screaming my name for me to get up. I goraned and rolled out of bed, literally. I tossed on a hollister muscle shirt and sweats and ran down stairs. "What did you need mom," I asked grabbing an apple.

"I feel like we need an extra hand around the house, so I hired a maid. She's coming at around noon to clean. Clean out a room for her please," my mom instructed. "Really mom, you hired a maid?" I said, uninterested.

"It was either her be our maid or she would have been given up for adoption," mom said. My eyes went wide.

"She's living with us?" I asked again.

"Yes," my mom replied.

I turned around and went upstairs to clean out a room for the new 'maid'. How could my mom scoop so low? We don't need a freakin maid, that's rich people crap. I went into the room next to mine and cleaned out all of the excess stuff that was inside.

Once it had all been cleaned out I went and got some paint. It was a toss up between red and orange, so I chose both. I got some new bed sheets and pillow cases as well. Once the things had been purchased I drove home and redecorated.

....................

12:00 PM

I touched up the last bit of paint and put everything away. I smiled at the job I had just done. I had made the room feel a lot more comforting than it was before.

"Ross! Come down here! She's here now!" my mom yelled. I grabbed my beanie and ran down the stairs. I sat on the couch and pulled out my phone. I really didn't care about some random person coming to live with us. I'm actually kind of embarssed that we had to even hire a maid.

There was a knock on the door and my mom quickly fixed her hair and went up to the door. She fixed her posture and then opened the door.

"Hi sweetie, and welcome," my mom gestured to the girl. I wasn't looking, I had my eyes on my phone. "Thanks," the girl replied back. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. That voice sounded familiar.

"Laura?" I asked. She looked over and locked eyes with me. She muttered a quick 'you have to be kidding me' to herself and then plastered a fake smile on her face for a good first impression.

"Hi Ross," she said before proceeding to the kitchen. I got up off the couch and ran after her.

"Laura wait!" I called after her.

"Come see you room," I told her. She rolled her eyes and walked with me upstairs. We entered her room and her eyes somewhat lit up. "Woah," she said under her breath. "Decorated it this morning," I said proudly.

A tear rolled down her face. Then I remembered what my mom said.

"Laura?" I asked.

"What?" she responded.

"W-What happened with your parents?" I asked shyly.

Then she broke down in tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Plot Twist ;) Who saw it coming? I actually don't even know that happened.

What do you think happened with Laura's parents?

Love you all and see you next update.

haileexoxo