t w e n t y s e v e n

Ross

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No, Laura you can't say that. What about us?" I ask, utterly disappointed. Laura shakes her head. "I already applied for college Ross, there's nothing you can do about it," Laura said, worry filling her eyes also.

"Laura please don't do this. We have a future together. Don't leave me here. I'm in love with you. Please don't go," I begged. She practically had me on my knees.

"I'm sorry Ross," she said before walking out of the store. I fell to my knees before anyone could see the t\ears falling out of my eyes. That was when Maia spoke up.

"She'll come back Ross. You can't go to college forever, you know," Maia explained. She looked a little sad too. "Yeah but if she's gone for too long we'll never get back together," I said before running out of the store and all the way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk inside and there's the band, sitting there waiting for me. I wipe tears from my eyes. I'm a mess right now. "She didn't listen to you?" Rydel asked sympathetically. I shook my head and cried into her shoulder. "She's gonna leave Rydel. It's all my fault," I say before loosing myself in a river of tears and wailing.

"Sh, its okay Ross. Dells is here for you. It's going to be alright. Calm down. You're okay," Rydel soothed. I held onto her tighter and cried. I just plain old cried. I've never been so sad over a girl, never in my life; but Laura wasn't just any girl. Laura was her. She was just Laura. So simple yet so charming.

Then Rocky had to ruin everything. "Soooo, Ross. We can look at this from the sad side of things or we can use this to our advantage," he said and then threw something at me. I pulled away from Rydel and saw a notepad and pencial on the couch beside me.

"Are you guys fricken kidding me?" I ask, glaring daggers at Rocky. He put his hands up in defense. "Hey man, I'm sorry but everyone here knows you write the best songs when you're sad. So, we'll leave you to be alone with your guitar and a piano," Rocky said pushing me into the basement.

"Rocky! Leave him alonew," Rydel said, side hugging me. I sniffled a little and forced a smile. "Thanks Rydel," I say, forcing a little smile. Then Rydel keeps talking.

"We all know he gets better inspiration from the great outdoors," she said before pushing me towards the back door. I pulled away from her and glared at all of them.

"You should be ashamed of yourself! Do you know how heartless it is to use someone's tradgedy to your own advantage? That's just sick. Maybe I will write a song, but it definetlely won't be given to you people," I yelled before storming upstairs. I slammed my door shut.

I just want Laura.

Laura, please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rydel

I looked at Rocky rudely. "Are you for real? Look at what happened?" I yelled at him. "Rydel are you kidding you were the one who tried to get him to go outside!" he yelled back. "Oh, yeah I know that. The reason I said 'Are you kidding me' was because who writes a song in a basement, duh," I said, scoffing him off.

"GUYS!" Riker yelled, ending the argument. I turned to look at him. "We all know Ross is better with Laura. There's no way he'll survive tour if she's not right here in this city," Riker said. I plopped down on the couch, still listening.

"We need to keep that girl here. For Ross, because we know they both need each other and for us, because we love her just as much as Ross does and we need her here too," Riker said, before falling over onto the couch. "Riker's right. There's no point in arguing over how great of a song comes out of this. We need to focus on the problem at hand," Rocky joined in.

I nod my head. "I might know a way to get her to stay," I said before grabbing my phone and pressing my contacts button.

I click on the name 'Lali' and the phone starts ringing,

"Hello?"

"Hey Lali. I need a huge favor,"

"Name it hun,"

"We need to keep a certain girl here for Ross, think you can help?"

"I'll be at your place in 10,"

Then the line went blank. Lali was the best at devising plans and helping us in desperate situations. Sure enough, ten minutes later she was at the door. "Hey Dells," she said before hugigng me. "Hey," I replied before bringing her inside.

"Hey Lali!" Rocky yelled before running over and jumping on her. Riker just sighed in relief because he knew we now had a real shot at keeping Laura here.

"Hey Rocky. Jumpy today?" she asked, laughing before getting herself some ice cream from the freezer. "Nah, just missed you," he said smliling. Lali came and sat down beside me and looked at Riker.

"Okay, let's hear it," she said. He nodded.

"We need to keep our friend Laura here and try to prevent her from leaving to go to New York for college," he said, looking right at her. She nodded in understanding. "And how are we planning on doing that?" she asked, finishing her icecream. Riker shook his head as if saying 'I have no clue' and grabbed some water.

"Well, we need to think of something fast," she added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laura

I lay on my bed and cry. Why do bad things always happen to me. Why do I have to be in love with someone who is threatening my choices of going to college? Should I just stay here? I'm torn. I know Ross is devasted that I told him I sent the application, but I couldn't just wait for his permission.

Suddenly, a truck parks outside of my house. It coulldn't possibly be my letter from MUNY yet. I opened my door and signed and took the package inside. This is too weird. I literally just sent the package.

I open up the package and to my suprise it wasn't from MUNY, it was from Ross. It was a song.

A song entitled 'Let's Not be Alone"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh hey guys (: super long update <3333

1066 words! Not super long, but it's long enough to be the....

SECOND LAST CHAPTER OMG WHATTTTTTthats right, the sequel comes out soon!

shoutout to @raura4life who portrays "Lali" in the story.

See you for the final chapter ;)

haileexoxo