t h r e e

~ Ross's POV ~

I walked up to my locker and put my books into it. I checked my phone to see if I had any new messages.

From: Ryan.

Hey Dude! Come to the bondfire at the beach tonight! Word on the street is that Laura should be there ;)

A bondfire? I'm not really sure if I'm up for that, but if Laura's going to be there I'm in. I texted back a quick yes and walked out of school. I grabbed my keys from my pocket and got into my car. I was about to leave the parking lot when I saw Laura standing in front of the school looking at her phone.

This is my chance.

"Laura!" I yelled and she shot me a glance. She frowned in my direction and I smirked. "What do you want Ross," Laura asked, annoyed. "You're going to the beach bondfire later right?" I asked. "Yeah. What's it to you?" she said, still annoyed. "Well, I know I'm not the smartest person, but I know that you can't get there without a ride," I said smugly.

Laura looked at me. She knew I was right. "I can walk," she said. I laughed and shook my head. "Get in," I said and she rolled her eyes and walked over to the car. Point one: Ross!

"Just this once Lynch," she said and buckled her seatbelt. "Sure Laura," I said pulling away from the school.

~~~~~~~

I pulled up to Laura's address and she sighed. "Great," she said under her breath. "What?" I asked. "My parents aren't home and I don't have a key," Laura sighed. I smirked at her. "Do you have your clothes for the beach?" I asked. She rolled her eyes and nodded. "Then you can come to my house for a few hours," I said to her.

Laura looked at me like I was obserd. "No way," she said flatly. "Laura, do you really have an option?" I asked. "Drop me off at Maia's," she told me. "Nope, you're coming to my house," I said as I pulled away from the house. "Ross!" Laura screeched. "Laura calm down. I'm not that bad," I told her. Laura sighed and gave up.

Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked into my house and my parents greeted me. "Ross! You're home late tod- Who's this?" my mom asked smiling. "I'm Laura," Laura said to my mom. "Oh, you and Ross must go to school together. Are you friends?" My mom asked. Before Laura could answer I jumped in. "Best. Best Friends," I told my mom. Laura glared at me and smiled at my mom. "Well, It's nice to meet you honey. I'm Stormie and this is Mark," Mom said gesturing to my dad.

Laura nodded. "Okay Laura let's go to my room," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her up the stairs. As soon as we got into my room I closed the door. I looked over at Laura who was extremely mad. "Okay, let's hear it," I said and Laura released her anger.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Going around and lying to your own mother about a friendship! Who even does that? If one thing is for sure it's that the closest to friends we'll ever be is eneimes, and that's safe to say," she said falling onto my bed.

"Sorry Laura," I said looking down at my feet. Part of me really just wants to be really close with her, but she doesn't want that. "You do know that ninety percent of the school ships us right?" I told Laura. She looked up at me. "Excuse me?" Laura asked. "Like they want us to date," I expalined. "Well, it sucks to be them cause that won't happen," Laura said.

"Laura, listen. I know that you hate me for some unknown reason but why can't we be friends? We can turn that lie I told my mom into the truth," I said.

Laura looked me in the eye, and she slightly smiled.

"Maybe," she said.

Then she went into the bathroom to get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole entire school was expected to be at the bondfire and apparently the word spread that Laura and I were going to show up together. How did that even happen?

"Laura you done yet?" I asked through the bathroom doors. "Have some patience Ross, I'm amlost finished," Laura said back. A minute later she walked out in a turquise bikni and some white denim shorts.

"Damn," I said under my breath.

"What was that Ross?" she asked, smiling. "Uhm, what? Nothing," I covered up and she laughed and walked away. We both walked down the stairs and outside and into the car.

"So apparently the whole school knows we're going to show up together today," I told Laura. "Wow," she said, shaking her head. I laughed as well and turned up the music as we both sang along to 'All of Me'.

I was suprised to hear Laura's voice. She harmonized perfectly with mine. It was beautiful.

~~~~~~~

We pullled up to the beach and Laura and I got out. Literally everyone stood there and looked at us. I looked at Laura and she looked at me and we both went our seperate ways. I think she went with Maia but what do I know.

Laura's POV ~>

I walked up to Maia and she raised her eyebrow. "Laury, you showed up with someone in particular I see," Maia said smirking. I laughed and side hugged her. "Nice to see you too," I said. "So why'd you show up with him?" Maia asked.

"Parents weren't home and I had no keys. He refused to take me to your house so I had to go to his," I said to my austrailan best friend. She laughed. "That's rough," Maia laughed. "Right?" I agreed, laughing with her.

~~~~

Maia and I were dancing on the beach together just letting loose when someone grabbed my waist. I couldn't see who it was but I didn't recognize anything. Then next thing I knew I was in one of the beach huts and some guy was over top of me.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked. "Shut up Laura and sit there," the guy said. Okay, I was scared. "L-let me go!" I yelled. "Shut the hell up!" he yelled. I then yelled the only name that came to my mind at that time.

"ROSS!" I yelled.

"Don't say that name," the guy told me. I yelled it again. The man came towards me but then I heard a call back.

"LAURA?" Ross yelled. "Ross! In here!" I screeched. Just then Ross burst through the door and punched the man onto the floor. Tears ran down my face.

"Stay away from her," Ross threatened and then he punched him once more. Now I was full on crying. If Ross never came what would have happened to me?

"Laura, are you okay?" Ross asked, concerned. I didn't say anything I just jumped into his arms and cried.

But at the same time I felt so so comforted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- Hey everybody! New chapter! wootwoot! Okay anyways R5 on Ellen tomorrow? Hells ya! Oh and the One Last Dance music video is perfection.

Anyways, love you all!

See you next update!

-haileexoxo