t w e l v e

~ Three Weeks Later ~

Ross

I walked through the halls at school quietly. Ever since Laura left I haven't been the same. I went back to partying and stuff, and let me tell you, it's not as fun as it seems. And if it helps any, I can't get that damn girl out of my head.

It actually makes me mad. How can someone have such a huge impact on you when you don't even like them. I shake it off and open up my locker. Just then I feel a tap on my shoudler. I turn around to see Maia standing there. She glared at me.

"She's not here. Again," Maia huffed. I sighed. Maia's confronting me because she knows Laura doesn't want to come to school because of me. "Sorry Maia," I told her. "Look Ross, if I know one thing it's that Laura hates having enemies. She wanted to make an effort to be friends with you, but you insisted that you two wouldn't get along," Maia confessed.

"What?" I ask confused. She wanted to get along with me? "Are you sure?" I ask again. Maia nods. "Yeah, she told me herself, but after you called her just 'another piece in your player puzzle' she hasn't been the same person, part of her is destroyed," Maia says.

"So think about that," she says, before walking away. I have to admit, those two have a really strong friendship. I'm actually almost jealous. I look at my phone and check the time. It's 1:02, great. I grab my bag and run out of the school. I jump in my car and start on my way, to Laura's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

You can do this Ross, you have to make this right. I ring the doorbell and I hear someone shuffling inside the home. Just then the door opens to reveal a petite brunette standing before me. "Hi," she says. "Hi," I respond back. She moves out of the way for me to come in. I step inside and take off my converse, to you know, show respect.

"Have a seat, I'll be right back," Laura said, before running up the stairs. I sit down on the nice couch and wait for her to come back. She then returns with her hair up and sits across from me. I take a deep breath and talk.

"Laura you don't know how sorry I am. I was stupid and I got defensive when that girl was talking to me and I didn't know what I was doing and you need to know that I-" Laura cuts me off, "Ross, I never wanted to be enemies," she said. "I know, I spoke with Maia at school today," I explained.

"Speaking of school, are you ditching?" she asked, raising an eyebrow. I laughed a little. "Yeah, but it'f for a good reason," I say. She smiles and continues to talk. "Ross, I know that deeo down inside you really aren't a player. You're a genuine guy who I could be really close friends with, but you need to know that I'm willing to make an effort in this friendship if you are," she explained.

My heart sunk a little. I kinda do want to be more than friends, but I'll keep that to myself for now.

"Yeah, I think that would be cool," I said, forcing a smile. "Great!" she replied, standing up to give me a hug. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped them around my neck. I inhale her scent as she inhales mine. We almost get lost in eachothers arms.

So lost that we did eventually pull away.

And then I pressed my lips against hers.

And the best part.

She kissed back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN> hello loves! Thanks for reading the story! Getting close to 1k reads! While youre reading this book, check out my other book titled 'I Won't Give Up on Us' it's also a Raura fanfic.

insta; @hailee.r5 & @r5isperfectionn

twitter; @haileelovesr5 & @r5isperfectionn

love you

haileexoxo