Chapter Twenty Four - Break it up

Lucresia •

     I stood in Father Blackwood's office with my parents in front of me. Father Blackwood and Nick had left the room to give me and my parents some space to talk about everything. I looked down at my feet not wanting to look at the disappointment written on my parent's face. I don't feel bad because of what I did. I feel bad because I disappointed my parents.

     "Lucresia... I just hope that this is all just a misunderstanding and you didn't try to leave the coven." My mom said as I looked up at them and took in their expressions. My mom had a saddened expression on her face and my dad just looked straight up pissed off at me. You fucked up, Lucresia.

     "I am so sorry." I whispered, looking down in clear shame. "Lucresia... we have taught you so much better than to try to run away with that Nick boy." My dad said sternly as I rolled my eyes slightly and pursed my lips. Are they just going to stand here and blame it all on Nick?

     "Don't bring Nick into this, it was my idea completely." I stated as my mom shook her head in disbelief and my father gave me a disappointed look. "No... it clearly has to do with him because before you met him you were a completely different person. This isn't like you at all. What has this boy done to you?" My mom ranted as my nose cringed up.

     "I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. I'm the same old Lucresia." I stated firmly and I believed it honestly. I don't believe I've changed at all. Maybe I have matured a little but I don't think I'm a whole other person. This is a little dramatic. I didn't hurt anyone.

     "You may think that you are but you aren't my daughter. This place has clearly changed you so your mother and I discussed this and... we believe that you should come back home and leave the Academy." My father informed me as my heart stopped. I looked at my parents with a surprised look on my face. No fucking way am I leaving the Academy.

     "I'm not leaving." I stated clearly as both of my parents looked at me with shocked expressions on their faces. I shrugged dismissively and pursed my lips together.

     "Yes you are Lucresia. Don't you disrespect your father like that. This is nothing like you. You are willing to stain our bloodline and for what? For a three month fling with a warlock?" My mom said in disbelief as my face remained completely dull. I thought about what they were saying and there was just anger bubbling up on my insides. I just snapped at my parents without thinking about it twice.

     "No! I am not leaving the Academy! You two wanted me here and I complied so I'm not going anywhere. You can say what you want but I'm staying here no matter what you say. And how am I staining our bloodline?" I snapped harshly as my parents looked completely taken back. There was just so much anger inside me because of what they were saying.

     "Don't you talk to us like that! We didn't raise you like this

     "Don't you talk to us like that! We didn't raise you like this. You are leaving the Academy today, and you aren't going to be seeing Nick anymore. No further discussion." My dad snapped at me as I shook my head. I'm not leaving and I'm not breaking up with Nick.