Chapter Twelve - By the river

Lucresia •

Me and Nick are currently sitting on the edge of Sweetwater river. After the talk we had on the small cafe in town, we took a stroll through the woods and wound up sitting on the edge of the river. The sun was already rising but we didn't even think about going back home.

"You're everything, you know." Nick said softly as I smiled and gazed up at his face. He had a loving smile on his face. "And I am so sorry." He whispered as I just nodded. I know... I know.

My head was resting on Nick's lap, his fingers running through my hair. After that we were in silence but there was no tension in the air. We didn't have to say anything to know that we were in complete and utter love with each other.

"We should probably go. Kennedy must be worried sick about me." I said finally sitting up. Nick groaned and chuckled.

"I don't want to go back. I could live right here if you were with me." He said as I gave him a tired smile. I haven't slept at all. I am still uneasy about what happened last night but I decided to let it go and believe Nick 100%.

"I could too but I am running on zero sleep and I need coffee." I stated as he laughed and nodded, standing up and offering me his hand to stand up.

"We can teleport over to that little coffee shop you went to yesterday, and then go over to your house." He said as I smiled widely. Nick? In a mortal place? Weird.

"That's a nice idea." We held hands and closed our eyes, as Nick teleported us to some dark little alley. I looked at him confused as he laughed, "It's so that we don't catch the attention of mortals." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the alley. We walked onto the sidewalk that was in front of the little cafe. I looked at the sign in front of the shop that read 'Cerberus Books'.

We walked in and the smell of coffee instantly hit my nostrils. I smiled as we walked over to the counter where a lady with big black hair with white strikes was working on some coffee orders. She turned around and smiled, eyeing Nick for a second and then turning to me.

"Good morning you early birds!" The lady exclaimed as I realized I don't have my wallet. Shit. I smiled awkwardly and looked at Nick who chuckled a bit.

"Morning, can I have a black coffee. With nothing, just black." Nick said pulling out a black leather wallet, handing the lady a 20 dollar bill. I blushed in embarrassment as he looked at me. "Come on, babe. Order what you want it's obviously on me."

"Um, I'll get a hot chocolate please." I said as she smiled and went on to prepare our order. I turned to look at Nick who was staring at me with a loving face. Suddenly my arm was pulled, I turned to look at Kennedy with a happy expression on her face.

"Luce! You're here! I am so glad you're okay." My sister gushed as she engulfed me in a big hug. I hugged her back tightly. She was still wearing her pijamas which means she didn't go home all night after I woke her up.

"Where did you go? And how are you here?" She asked as I smiled and Nick grabbed our orders, moving over to sit by one of the booths.

"I found this place yesterday, when I left Sabrina's. Where did you go after all that?" I asked her as I followed Nick and sat down in the booth, Kennedy following suit.

I noticed a group of mortals looking at Kennedy and whispering. A curly haired girl, a boy, and a small short haired girl who kind of looked like a boy.

"I looked for you by the woods and then the sun was rising so I went by Harvey's and we came over here. We're always hanging in here. It's like the mortal cool hangout. " Kennedy explained. I nodded as Nick was staring eyeing the place with a disgusted expression on his face.