Chapter Fifteen - Us

Lucresia •

"I can't believe that Agatha is throwing up dirt, this wasn't supposed to happen." Nick sighed in exasperation as I gave him that 'I told you so' look because I did tell them so and they decided to listen to Sabrina instead. I shrugged and pursed my lips.

The resurrection seemed to have worked but soon enough everything derailed. Agatha started throwing up half of the Spellman's graveyard and the Kinkle boy was bat shit crazy. I warned them all, I told them and they for sure taught that it was going to work. But I knew better, the Earth was going to collect one of them and by the looks of it Agatha is going to be the victim.

"I told you so. I told all of you so. But you wouldn't listen, you would rather listen to Sabrina's inexperienced self on necromancy than me." I said as Nick rolled his eyes. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

Ever since that night they 'revived' Tommy Kinkle Nick and I's relationship has been kind of weird.

I know we were supposed to help Sabrina but I kind of hoped he would listen to me. I wished that he would choose me. I am so sick of having to compete with Sabrina for Nick's attention.

"What was I supposed to do? Say no to the Dark Lord?" He asked clearly mad at me for what I said. I looked at the floor. Choose your fights, Lucresia.

"I know... It's just... sometimes it feels like it's a competition with Sabrina for your attention. I know this is the Dark Lord's wish and at least one of us has to oblige but that's how I feel." I said shyly whispering the last part. Nick stepped towards me and smiled softly caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"It's not a competition Lu. I'm just scared... scared of what would happen if I don't follow orders. Satan is a vengeful god and who knows what he would do and my worst fear is that he hurts you." Nick said as I nodded and felt the tears coming along. Why us?

 Why us?

"I know... I know it's not a competition. I just don't understand why it has to be you. Why us?" I asked in frustration, making Nick shrug his shoulders. The Dark Lord is really testing my patience lately.

"Beats me." Nick responded as I smiled weakly. Nick stepped towards me and hugged me lightly.

"I love you." He whispered as I nodded and hugged him back, basking in the moment because I felt that it might be the last time we were like this. Don't know why.

Suddenly the door to my dorm room opened and in came Vera with a happy expression on her face. Nick groaned and threw himself on my bed, covering his face with my pillow.

I swear I have never seen Vera so giddy about anything. I smiled lightly, the change of mood was very needed.

"Guess who got totally got busted?" Vera asked happily looking at me then Nick. Nick sat up on the bed and looked at me with a confused look on his face. Everyone knew about Sabrina's attempt at necromancy, mainly because Agatha was screaming her head off at Prudence when she got here.