Chapter Twenty One - The Play

• Lucresia •

"And the understudy is Lucresia Good." Father Blackwood informed as people started dispersing around the desecrated church and Sister Zelda called up Sabrina and Nick. Sabrina was cast as Lilith in the play the academy was putting together, The Passion of Lucifer Morningstar.

And to my burning luck; Nick was cast as Lucifer. There was tension in our relationship. Tension because last night the Dark Lord revealed himself  to Nick and asked him to get closer to Sabrina; on a more personal level. I wasn't mad at Nick. I knew he had to obey but part of me wanted him to fight the Dark Lord for me but he didn't.

"I'm sorry." Nick whispered while looking at me with a sorrowed expression on his face. I shrugged and stood up, walking up to Vera who was practicing to be Agatha's understudy. She let down her script slowly and looked at me seriously.

     "You're jealous right?" Vera asked as I sat down and rested my head on my hands

"I am not in the mood for your shit Vera." I groaned as she pursed her lips and darted her eyes from Nick back to me.

"Sorry... I'm asking seriously. You know I care about you." She said and closed her script. I sighed and looked around the room, my heart hurting as I saw Nick and Sabrina running lines by the stage. That should be me by his side.

"Fuck Nick. Fuck Sabrina. Come on Lucresia, you can't be sad because of him. It's not worth it. " Vera said as I smiled slightly at her efforts to make me feel better . But how can I not be sad that my boyfriend had to seduce another girl?

"We've been having it rough but we'll get through it easily. I hope." I exhaled as Vera looked at me with a pitiful expression but decided not to say anything, and I thanked her for that. I studied my lines quietly as the rehearsal started. I watched as Sabrina and Nick rehearsed one of the scenes, Sister Zelda directing them around the stage.

"Hey." A hand was placed on my shoulder as I turned around frantically, meeting with Asher's baby blue eyes. He smirked at me and sat down next to me. He wore all black, like always, and his hair was kind of a mess. I barely even see Asher in the academy but when I do see him it's a treat.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked him as he pulled out a script for Lucifer Morningstar. I smiled at him and turned to look around for Vera, whom I didn't even realize had left my side to go run lines with Agatha.

"Understudy. I'm kind of being forced to by Father Blackwood but once I knew you were in the play; I accepted gracefully." He said with a grin as I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled widely. At least someone wants to hang out with me.

"I almost never see you by the Academy. Do you even go there?" I joked as he laughed and shrugged lively.

"Of course I go to the Academy, I just skip most classes cause they're boring." He said as I nodded and agreed, some classes were pretty boring but whatever. He opened his mouth to say something but was caught off by Nick walking up to us.