Chapter Eight - A Simple Journal

• Lucresia •

Nick and I were standing on the steps of the school talking about how we wanted to take a canoe down to Sweetwater River. "Okay Nick, but why do you want to go canoeing all of them sudden?" I laughed as he chuckled and pulled me close. I slapped him away playfully as he acted shocked.

"You just make me crazy..." He said kissing me softly on the forehead. I laughed and sat up on the railing of the stairs of the Academy. "And... where would we even get a canoe?" I chuckled as he grabbed my hand and put on a surprised face.

"You may or may not have the best warlock boyfriend of all time..." Nick said as I laughed and rested my head on his shoulder. Boyfriend? That is so cute. I loved spending time with Nick. I smiled and said,

 I smiled and said,

"Of course you are..."

Nick smiled and pecked my lips as I smiled into the kiss. Suddenly the Academy's doors opened to reveal Sabrina Spellman, I cringed and looked away at the woods. She was EVERYWHERE, I just simply couldn't stand how she always seemed to get her way about every single little thing.

"Hey you guys!" She chirped as I gave her a tight smile. "Hey Spellman, what are you doing?" Nick asked her as she seemed to think something over. Annoying people, probably. "Oh I had a run-in with the sisters, did you really date them?" She asked Nick as my eyes widened. Why did she care? Wasn't she dating the Harvey kid.

"I though you had a boyfriend, Sabrina." I said trying to sound nice but it came out rather bitchy. Nick gave my leg a squeeze as I gazed over at him and pulled a very notably fake smile. "Oh, I do. I just wanted to know who tolerated them!" She laughed as I rolled my eyes lightly, who tolerates you?

"Well... I was involved with the three of them at the same time. But it was over quickly. See, one of their many abilities is mind control, so I didm't know what was real or what was suggestion." Nick explained as my blood boiled through my veins, why would he tell her that? Why did she care? I pursed my lips as I remembered how Father Blackwood asked me to be nice.

"So Sabrina... what are you up to?" I asked trying to sound as if I cared about anything that this girl did. She smiled and pulled an acheron configuration our of her bag. Confusion took over my face.

Nick stepped toward her and took it in his hand. "Why do you have this?" He asked as she smiled and explained the deal she made with Father Blackwood.

"You know, conjuring is hard, there's a reason newbies can't take it." I stated matter of factly as Sabrina's expression changed from all lovely to all dark. I could read her easily, she hated being challenged.

"You're new here and are taking it. Why can't I?" She asked as I stepped towards her. Sorry, Dark Lord but I can not stand this girl. "I've been home-schooled all my life by the best witches in the country, what have you done?" I asked her as she put her hands on her hips and was about to answer but Nick beat her to it.