Chapter Twenty Eight - Lost

Lucresia •

We didn't get back together.

As much as I could try to be selfish. I couldn't do it. I couldn't defy my parents like that. Having to have that talk with Nick all over again was definitely agonizing. I love Nick. I want to be with Nick for the rest of my days but I can't do that. I can't go against my family, family always comes first. I'm not the good girl turned wild, I'll never be selfish.

I passed another page of the Basic Spell Book I was reading and sighed. The days have been gloomier than ever, and today the gloomiest of all. Today Zelda Spellman and Father Blackwood are getting married and having the funeral for the dead Anti-Pope who has supposedly killed by Ambrose Spellman. I am probably the only witch who didn't feel like attending the wedding turned funeral but I honestly don't care for Zelda nor Blackwood. And I can pray for the Anti-Pope from my room.

Since everyone is in the wedding I was left alone in my dorm room doing nothing but studying for the upcoming tests. It's already dark out and I'm probably going to go to sleep soon, since Vera and Asher still haven't come home from the wedding. Asher and I have definitely been skating on thin ice ever since the Nick incident, but we're still trying.

Suddenly the door was opened frantically and in came a distressed Vera with Asher tailing behind.

"What's wrong?" I asked her as she looked at me with wide eyes as if she were speechless. What happened in that wedding?

"Um... so Nick and Sabrina interrupted the wedding wearing a glamour of Sabrina's dead parents. Let's just say that Father Blackwood saw right through them. Sabrina accused the High Priest of all sorts of stuff and... They were expelled." Vera explained as my heart dropped down to hell.

"They were expelled? But..." I trailed off touching my necklace and thinking of Nick. How did that happen? Where is he going to go? The Academy is all that Nick has. Oh Satan, he must be so devastated. My first instinct was standing up and looking for him. Just because we broke up doesn't mean I want him to go through stuff alone.

"Lucresia, where are you going?" Asher asked me, stopping me before I went out the door. "I'm sorry Asher but Nick needs me right now." I said and Asher's face fell almost immediately . I gave him a sorry smile and made my way out of my dorm, going down the stairs and looking around the lobby. I spotted Prudence and approached her rapidly, she gave me a smirk when she saw me.

"Hey, have you seen Nick?" I asked her as she raised an eyebrow and snickered.

"No way, he's denied entry into the Academy so he's definitely not here. Sad because your ex was expelled?" Prudence said cynically as I rolled my eyes and thought about what Nick would do in a moment of complete and utter frustration and sadness. He would probably let loose in Dorian's. I closed my eyes and teleported to Dorian's, looking around and spotting Nick by the bar alone.

I walked up towards where Nick was sitting, the blonde bartender eyeing me intensely up and down. He's Dorian. "Nick?" I called out to him sitting down in the bar seat next to him.

"Lucresia? What are you doing here? Come to gloat?" Nick asked and I could almost instantly smell the alcohol in his breath, it was too damn much. My heart was breaking for Nick because I know that the Academy was all he had at the end of the day.

"Nick why would you think that? I heard what happened and came to be with you Nick." I told him as his face softened and he took a deep breath. He leaned towards me and just threw his head on my lap, holding on to me for dear life.

"I fucked up Lu. I fucked it up so fucking bad." He cried into my lap. My heart breaking in pieces for him.

"What happened, Nick? Can you tell me what happened?" I asked him making him raise his head and lean on the counter. I rubbed his back trying to make him feel better, Dorian slowly taking away the drink that was set in front of him.