Chapter Twenty Five - Run

Lucresia •

"Come on Lucresia. We have to go get food. Get up." Vera stated while throwing a pillow onto my bed. I groaned and kicked the pillow off me, sitting up on my bed and glaring at Vera who flicked me off and went into the bathroom. I rolled my eyes and looked at the clock. 7:30am.

I don't want to get up because if I get up, I have to see Nick and Sabrina and I don't want to see them. It's been a week since I broke up with Nick and honestly it feels like I've been through heaven and back. Honestly my heart is just broken and I feel like I lost myself but I had to do it. My parents gave me an ultimatum and I felt obligated to choose my family over Nick and that's what I did.

It hits me harder because thanks to our break up, Nick is cuddling up to Sabrina. And more now since tomorrow is Lupercalia. It's been a full blown week of Vera having to drag me out of bed and into our classes. I got out of bed and got ready while Vera waited for me while laying on her bed.

"I'm ready." I said as Vera smiled and stood up. I had to hand it to Vera, she has been a great friend through all of this. She can surely be a huge bitch but she's been a shoulder to cry on, even though she doesn't know exactly why Nick and I broke up. We walked out of our dorm room and down the hallway into the foyer.

"Lucresia! I almost forgot to ask you. Are you going to participate in the pairing tomorrow for Lupercalia?" Vera asked as I stopped walking and gave her a disgusted look. "Are you crazy? Why would I even participate? I just broke it off with Nick." I said with tears wanting to spill from my eyes.

"Come on! What better way to get over Nick than you know, letting loose on Lupercalia?" Vera asked as I raised my eyebrow and looked off over her shoulder. She was right.

     But I don't want to get over Nick

But I don't want to get over Nick. I want to be with Nick, two very different things. But I kind of see where Vera was coming from and she is right. I don't feel like moving on from Nick but I can't deny that he is cozying up to Sabrina. I don't want to be the girl that just waits for her ex-boyfriend while he is with someone else.

"And plus! Asher literally wants to be your partner, like have you seen him? He's like the most handsome warlock here! Give him the chance." Vera exclaimed as I smiled lightly and raised an eyebrow. Asher is very handsome and if I decide to participate in Lupercalia and can't have Nick then I could settle for Asher but I don't know.

Vera and I went into our Demonology class and sat down by the back. I was chatting away with Vera as the classroom's doors opened and in came Sabrina and Nick looking all happy and bubbly. Sabrina sat by the front, pulling Nick down with her. Nick looked at me for a split second and then looked away, sitting down next to Sabrina. I looked down and held my composure, trying to ignore them.

"Hey!" Someone exclaimed while sitting down next to me. I looked up and saw Asher's beaming smile. I smiled at him and suddenly felt kind of happy again. Asher was just so light and happy and throughout this whole week he has helped me maintain my happiness.