Chapter Thirty - Lucresia

Nicholas •

     I waited anxiously for Lucresia to be back, pacing back and forth in the room. I can't believe she really wanted to go with Sabrina and that she wouldn't let me go with her. I couldn't even concentrate on healing Ambrose. I'm just too nervous and anxious for what could happen. I love Lucresia and I swear if something ever happens to her I won't ever forgive myself for that. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes trying to calm myself but nothing seemed to calm my pounding heart.

     "Young Nick, could you fetch me some more gauze?" Hilda asked me as I took a deep breath and nodded walking over a small med kit Hilda has brought over. I took the gauze and brought it over to Hilda who was patching Ambrose up who was still bleeding out fountains.

     "Help!" Someone yelled suddenly as a door was heard opening. My heart beat fast as I ran to the Academy's entrance, my heart breaking in two when I saw Lucresia with three arrows impaled in her stomach. She was covered in blood with Asher carrying her into the Academy with tears in his eyes. I ran to him, taking her in my arms and putting her on one of the beds that we had settled in the foyer.

     "What happened?!" I asked looking at the love of my life with no life in her. I then noticed Harvey coming in with Sabrina basically in the same state as Lucresia but I honestly only focused on Lu.

     "She went into the church and slaughtered one of the angels and the other angel started shooting arrows at her. She didn't seem fazed by it even though she was bleeding out, she didn't seem hurt. But then when everything was over she just collapsed." Asher explained sobbing throughout and clearly upset. Vera kneeled down next to Lucresia and took her hand, chanting a spell under her breath while crying. I kneeled on her other side and took her other hand.

     "Come on Lu... Please heal. Heridos xibustus sanabus. Heridos xibustus sanabus." I chanted under my breath, closing my eyes. I focused all my energy on her, breathing hardly so I wouldn't let my tears take control of me.

     "Where's my daughter? What happened?" Someone asked from behind me. My eyes widened, turning around to see Lucresia's parents looking around the room frantically. Mr. Good's eyes almost popped out of his head when he spotted his daughter. Behind them was Kennedy, who was looking around clearly amazed by the Academy. Great fucking timing.

     "What happened Nicholas?" Mrs. Good asked me harshly as I stood up and took a deep breath looking down at my feet. How do I explain this? It is my fault, it should be me laying there not Lu.

     "Mr. Good... Lucresia was- She decided to take on the witch hunters who were actually avenging angels. She managed to slaughter one angel, which is impressive. She was shot three times as you can see but she didn't feel it until everyone was safe then she just collapsed." I explained as her mother and Kennedy gasped.

     "I'll heal he-" Mrs. Good was cut off by Vera screaming loudly. I turned around to see Lucresia sitting up. She had a dull expression on her face. I searched her face and my heart stopped when I saw her all-black eyes.

     "Mom... what's wrong with her? Do something!" Kennedy shrieked but everyone was just speechless. Lucresia looked down at her waist and pulled out each arrow slowly, dropping them down to the side of the bed. She looked up and smiled, her eyes returning back to normal. What in the world?

     "Woah, that was tough! Mom? Dad? Kennedy?! What are you guys doing here?" Lucresia asked standing up from the bed, obviously still covered in blood. She looked at all of us who were in clear shock and chuckled.

     "What is it? Stop staring at me like I'm some freak or something." She laughed lightly, her eyes falling on me making her smile widely. Even after that wild presentation she just gave, her smile made me melt into putty. But something about her was just off.