thirty seven

broken home baby, i could never blame ya
no one ever taught you how to love right
no one ever taught you how to stand by,
when it's uphill, more times this love is just uphill
—————

"I just don't think I can speak about it right now." Millie told Sadie as they sat on her kitchen island. Finn's parents were away again, something about his father flying out to the UK for his business, and Mary hates it when he's gone so she decides to go with Eric.

"I know but Millie, he was charged. He's behind bars now, don't you feel like you can breathe again?"

Quite frankly, Millie didn't know how she felt. She felt sad, angry, happy, relived and many more emotions that she could not sum up within an hour.

"Yes." She lied, avoiding eye contact.
"But I just don't want to speak about him right now, I want to enjoy my day."

Sadie nodded, completely understanding as she sent her a small smile.

"Of course."

"Hey, doll." Finn teased, walking into the kitchen to kiss the top of Millie's head as he flipped Sadie off.

She instantly felt better.

Millie's phone buzzed as she picked it up, seeing a message from Noah as she smiled. He always put a smile on her face.

From: schnipper
i miss u im twitching from my separation anxiety hope ur ok sending u love

Millie laughed at his stupidness as she happily messaged him back, she felt Finn's eyes on her the whole time as she did so

Millie laughed at his stupidness as she happily messaged him back, she felt Finn's eyes on her the whole time as she did so. In the middle of the message, she looked up towards Finn and lifted her eyebrow. 

"Had a good look now?"

He smirked back, grabbing the orange juice from the island while still keeping the eye contact.

Him and his fucking orange juice.

"No." He laughed back, sipping on his drink as he still continued to look at her. She didn't want him to stop but she needed to stop, she could start to feel her face become hot and she didn't want him to further tease her for turning red under his intense stare.

"Seriously Finn, stop!" Millie laughed, returning to her phone. She couldn't look into his eyes much longer or she will explode.

Finn held his hands up, walking towards her and wrapped his arms around her from behind, and within this hold it felt like she was so safe. His chin rested on top of her head, watching her type and smiling, so glad she had Noah in her life as he saw their funny and quirky messages.