nineteen

were heading deep inside, there's a voice,
a voice so quiet
but I can't hear that voice when your heart beats
next to mine
i can't quit you, and I'm gonna regret it
———————

Finn's throat was practically dry. His eye slightly twitched and anger coursed through his veins. He was fuming, absolutely livid and his eyes held this all to well.

"He-he hit you? Where? When?" Finn asked, his mind was bombarded with questions, head spinning and the air surrounding them becoming suddenly thicker.

"That doesn't matter." Millie told him, scared that if she did, he would be broken. She could see how fragile he became, staring back at the girl with nothing but solid empathy and sympathy in his eyes. His expression was transparent - absolutely no filter washed over his face.

"It doesn't matter?" He questioned, dumbfounded. It doesn't matter? Of course it matters, he physically abused her, her own father. His body burned with vexation, resentment that was focused solely on the man he's ever met before.

He never knew he could loathe someone he's never met, he now knew.

"Well, no of course it matters but he's not a part of my life anymore, I won't allow it."

"Millie." Finn said to her, rubbing his face with his hands after he finally un-balled his white fists.
"I don't think your grasping how bad this is."

Millie furrowed her eyebrows at the enraged boy in front of her. He couldn't keep his goddamn leg still and she would tell him it's a disgusting habit to bite his nails, but this was irrelevant in this precise moment.

"Are you dense? Of course I know how bad it is, I lived with it for fifteen years." She nearly shouted, standing up by him belittling her knowledge. Did he really just say that? That she wasn't aware of how bad of a man her father is, how bad the situation she's in was? Of course she knows, she scoffed subconsciously, she witnessed everything. It was buried within her memories, in the back of her mind for her to relive every single day of her life.

Of course she knew, and she was insulted by his comment.

"Ok, you're taking this the wrong way. It's just, he's right over the street. What's stopping me from calling the cops on his ass?"

Millie immediately stood, head shook wildly as she nearly dipped on her knees.

"No, no please you can't do that." Her voice was strained and the one plead alone convinced Finn not to call the cops there and then. She didn't do anything convincing but the desperation in his voice - it made him agree almost instantly, but she didn't have to know this.

"Convince me not too." Finn said, not allowing Millie to know he was already convinced. He just wanted to know why she would let a man like that walk around her house, as if nothing happened. He didn't know the full story, but he knew enough.

"I-I don't have an answer. Just, for me. Finn, please. Don't call them, for me, okay?" Millie continued begging, crawling over the bed to his side to cup his face in her hands. She licked a tear that dropped on her lip and her clammy hands made Finn like he was melting, he was instantly under her control. His face burned underneath her touch, it was electric.

How could he say no to her?

"Okay." He nodded, face still within her grasp.