fourteen

oh, brother, sweetheart
im feeling so tired, im really falling apart
and it just don't make sense to me
i really don't know
—————

The alarm on her phone rang six-thirty as she cracked her eyes open. As soon as they adjusted and felt her normal, heavy lids slowly lift their way back closed she sat up, quickly lifting the warm comforter off of her legs before she was tempted to re-enter her deep slumber.

Looking over to the left of her, all she saw was black, disheveled hair spread across the pillow case like wildfire as the blanket was pulled up to his neck. The fluttering in her stomach and the sudden urge to lay back down and go back to sleep next to him was inevitable, but she had college.

Maybe she could skip the day. She knew Finn had college on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday's anyway and it was a Tuesday - from sneaking a peak at his schedule that was taped to the back of his door. She planned it all out in her head. Go back home, pretend like she stayed in her own bed and leave for 'college' when she really could just come back over and sleep for the rest of the morning.

So it's what she did, she picked up her phone, making sure she emailed all her lecturers to tell them she was 'sick' and was unable to attend that day before leaving the comfort of Finn's bedroom as she snuck out of the house, making sure not to shut the door all the way for a much easier entrance. She then climbed the side of the house before walking across the flat roof slowly and carefully, not aware she was chewing on her tongue out of concentration.

She then tiptoed into her bedroom, taking one step at a time as she grabbed her bag that she would normally take with her. She fixed her hair slightly, looking down at the outfit which she slept in that night. It was black leggings and the black top she was wearing. She threw on a grey hoodie, which she would wear on normal days so she didn't need to change until later.

Unlocking the bedroom door, she opened her mothers bedroom door slowly, praying to god there wasn't a random, naked man inside. It's happened before.

"I'm off to college." She said loud enough for Kelly to hear. She left once she was dismissed by the lazy wave of Kelly's hand.

Millie then made her way back to the house opposite, letting herself in with ease and shutting Finn's bedroom door behind her while sighing in relief. Just looking at the bed made her eyes slant and it felt like her body had a magnetic pull to the bed as she slipped in so easily, nuzzling into the pillow.

Finn stirred at the sudden weight that embodied the bed next to him. His eyes were slanted as he stretched his long arms, turning to face the brunette who was already looking at him.

"Shouldn't you be in college?"

"Yes, but I'm not going." She simply replied, shrugging her shoulders underneath the blanket.

"Whatever you say, friend." Finn pushed, causing a daring and fiery glare to come his way from the small girl bedside him.

"Carry on, I promise you I will kick you in the nuts so hard, you'll feel them in your throat."

The threat did make Finn nervous as he backed away from her a little bit, before furrowing his bushy eyebrows at her entertained expression.

"Why are you being so mean, you shouldn't talk that way to a friend." He pushed again, amused by how it was so obvious she was trying her hardest to keep her smirk back. She wanted to smile at him but her stubborn wall that she's built over the years was higher than it ever was.