five

[is it ever gonna change? am i gonna feel this way forever? are you gonna be around for me to count on?]
🍡☁️✨

"hello, hello, hello, how low? hello, hello, hello, how low?" finn sung loudly, shaking his love's hands.

"shh!" y/n attempted to hush her boyfriend with her hand, but his voice became muffled against the skin.

"my dad'll catch us, you big fat idiot." she giggled as she felt him still singing under her hand.

"and? i don't care. let's let him catch us." he smirked greedily before leaning in and kissing y/n against sweetly.
the girl pulled away.
"i'll get in trouble, finn. do you think you can spend five weeks without sneaking into my house? he'll plant roses outside my window." y/n pouted her lips, the gloss shining in the light.

"y/n? why is your door locked? open it, now!" a voice boomed.
the two teens were surprised as first but followed their escape route, consisting of finn hopping out of her window and y/n pretending to get changed.

the boy landed with a graceful thump as he blew a kiss to her and she caught it with a smile , seeing finn slide the window closed.

"sorry, i'm getting changed. one sec." she chucked off her t-shirt and put on a white singlet, lowering the music and opening the door.

there stood a tall, overpowering and paranoid father.
he scoped around the room, searching for his abomination's boyfriend.
"move." y/n's father shoved her into a wall, entering the room, trying to find proof of the boy.

(let's name him gerald.)

gerald lifted up her neatly made bed and messed up the sheets, attempting to find a sock or a shirt. he searched in her closet for a jacket that wasn't there a week ago, or maybe a shoe in the shoe hamper?

the man lifted up a sock that was scavenged out from under a bed side table that wasn't y/n's.
"what's this? is this from that little boyfriend of yours? you know he isn't allowed in my house."
he stood there, dangling the black and red sock in her face. she only wore white or lighter coloured socks.

y/n gulped, knowing she'd been caught. he said it was his house though. it wasn't his.
"it's not your house, gerald. it's my mother's. you just leeched money off of her, she died and you kept the house!"

by the time that the young girl had finished her complaint, natalia had appeared at the doorway, leaning on it cautiously as she watched her step-sister yell.

"you.. you.. abomination! you should've died!" gerald yelled as the sound of skin-on-skin echoed through the house. he had slapped y/n on the check so hard that it would give her a bruise the next day. y/n fell to the floor, hand to her check and wincing in pain.

"stop!" natalia stepped in front of y/n her arms sprawled around her, protecting her.
"move, so i can-"
"no, dad! she doesn't deserve this. hit me instead." nat offered, the man's expression softened.
"nat, move. you don't deserve to g-"

"so, what gives you the right to think y/n deserves this? she didn't do shit to you! she's only 16. y/n didn't commit a crime, nor hurt you. mom's death wasn't her fault either, it was that stupid drunk driver's. we're lucky we even got her back." natalia sighed, "just.. leave her alone."

gerald sighed and threw the sock onto y/n as he walked out, closing the door.

"natty.." a voice whimpered.
natalia turned around and saw that y/n was sitting on the floor.
"are you okay, babe?" she muttered, grabbing y/n and placing her into her arms.
"yep. it just stings a bit. i'll be fine." y/n winced a bit as natalia lightly placed her pale hand on the girl's cheek.

"okay,maybe just get some sleep. i love you." natalia whispered into her ear.

the younger girl nodded and crawled into bed, wiping away at her tears.
she grasped her favourite book and opened it up, a note gracefully and slowly fell onto her.

it read i love you so much you don't understand. she smiled sheepishly, thinking of finn.

it wasn't finn.

i've just realised how much my hair looks like millie's and she's so perfect and i'm not