1. hurricane

THIS IS THE SEQUEL TO WATER. IF YOU READ THIS FIRST, IT WILL MAKE NO SENSE AT ALL. 

Sometimes people asked me if I was 'OK'. 

Sometimes people knew I wasn't.

They always ignored it though. Every black eye, every scar, every bruise, scratch, missing clump of hair... nobody really cared. 

If anything, it was a sign of my weakness; a seventeen year old girl, whose dad had plenty of money, not being able to stand up to her abusive step mother. It was almost laughable. 

Matty had told me, one night, that I should tell someone, but I couldn't. Every single time I tried, I either pictured my dad, sad and lonely, or whoever I was telling laughing at me and telling that I just needed to stand my ground a bit more. 

So I told him that, then he told me about how much he wanted to kiss me, but that's not very relevant anymore. 

Matty and I still spoke to each other like we were in a relationship, and maybe if we met again, we would pick up where we left off, but in reality, we were just lonely. 

Only, I was a lot more lonely than him, now that he had his new found fame behind him. 

Besides, it had almost been a year since we had met. How could I expect us to be in a long distance relationship where we couldn't even Skype with each other, while he was touring almost everywhere and keep it up for so long, I mean, it was cruel to Matty with all of those girls who would do anything to be with him. 

I just wasn't good enough anymore. I never was to begin with, really. 

"I love you." his voice echoed down the phone. 

"No you don't." I replied, kicking my fluffy toxic green slipper socks off and climbing into bed. I wrapped myself up in the duvet that was far too hot for the weather we were having. 

"Yeah, sure." he laughed. I smiled a little. 

"Yeah." 

There was a pause at the other end of the phone. One of Matty's friends - I think it was Ross - asked him something about dinner, Matty stopped again before groaning. 

"Um, I dunno, Chinese?" he asked him. 

"Okay. I'll tell George."

I laughed quietly. 

"It's a bit late for dinner, don't you think, Matty?" I asked, having had my food four hours beforehand at six o'clock. 

"I don't know what lies they're feeding you there." Matty said. I could hear him moving around a bit. 

"Probably lots." I said quietly.

"How many guys asked you out today?" Matty asked.

It was a little joke we had. Every time we spoke to each other we ended up asking questions like this. They never seemed serious, but deep down I'm pretty sure they accounted for something.

I laughed.

"Probably lots." I said again, laughing. Matty laughed.

"I've got some competition then?"

"No. All of the guys at college aren't as pretty as you are," I knew saying things like that would give him a huge ego boost, but I didn't really care anymore. He laughed.  "So, how many girls have you slept with today?" I asked. 

"Probably lots." 

We didn't say anything for a while. I could hear his breathing. I pushed my phone closer to my ear, hoping that the sound would become more real to me if I did. 

"Liz, I- well, we, as in the band,  or whatever you wanna call it. We're playing in Lancashire next week in some bar somewhere. I'd really really like to see you again because it's so fucking ridiculous because I just want to see you again. I just want you to be there for even just a little while. So I dunno, if you're free, please be fucking free, Lizzy, you can wait around the back of the venue and I'll come out and get you so you don't have to pay and we can talk and make out and I can introduce you to everyone and we can do as much or as little as you want, if you want?" 

I sighed. 

"Matty, I don't know if I can. When is it?" I asked. 

"Next Saturday. Please, Lizzy. I mean it's fine if you can't, but..." he replied. 

"I'll try my best. It's just... my step mum." 

"I know." 

"I'll tell my dad that I've been invited to one of my friend's houses for the night, to study or something." I said and he laughed. 

"Thanks." 

"No problem." I replied. 

Someone in the background was shouting about what Chinese to order. 

"You'd better go and help them. I'll text you later, if you want me to." I said. 

"Okay. See you on Saturday." 

"Fingers crossed." I replied.

I waited until he hung up. 

I always kept the phone on until the other person hung up, just in case they wanted to say something else. Just to make sure they were truly gone before I left. 

Matty meant more to me than my future, and I think that was one of the problems. 

---

a/n

i couldn't keep away... oops!!!

SO HERE'S SOMETHING I WANTED TO COVER. i have a vague recollection of mentioning where lizzy was from, but when i looked for it through the past chapters of water, i couldn't find it. so i just randomly chose somewhere.

this is quite a weak chapter,  but i neever know where to start things off.

THANK YOU BAAAEEESSS <3