Chapter 39

"Forgive you?"

Clearly, I had no idea what he really meant by those words. Though it became clear when he rose from his seat, and hastily lanced clean-through the torso of the ghoul behind him.

Rize's strapping servant fell to the floor with a loud rumble, the other released Ayato subconsciously rushing over to aid his, I'd presume...

Dead friend.

Without hesitation, Ayato secured his grip around the frantic man and twisted his head round and round 'till the spine broke off.

Assisting me, Ayato hurried over to break the bonds tying my hands.

Firstly, gasps filled the room... then panic until every ghoul in sight was ramming each other out of the throne area.

"Kenny you've made a grave mistake." Rize elevated the hellish tone of her voice gradually as to emphasize how 'grave of a mistake' the king really made. If anything this was the best decision he's made in the last couple of hours.

Guards began to quickly flood into the throne room after the civilians ran out, surrounding each of us separately we were left with no option but to fend for ourselves.

    Peering over at Ayato's circle of death, Kaneki's as well...

I surveyed the men surrounding me before preparing my Rc cells to bloom. "See you guys on the other side?"

"You will." Ayato confirmed confidently.

    Rize's heels clacked up the throne stairs slowly. Plopping down into her seat, she crossed one leg over the other after supporting her chin with a grin and sung, "good luck~"

    They all charged at once.

    Leaping into the air, I placed both of my palms over the helms of two rushing guards and slammed them into each other before penetrating my Rinkaku through the two of them like a sandwich.

  One attempted to slice me up with their Koukaku, the attempt was a fatal one seeing that I was able to quickly grab ahold of his sharp ridges despite the pain and swing him into another guards kagune. With only one left, I charged at him prepared to get this over with, that was until he took me by surprise, and hastily dodged my attack before dashing behind me and asserting his own Bikaku into the small of my back.

The pain didn't strike me at first, but having his tail dig against the bones in my flesh was definitely stifling.

"Off of her!" Ayato's screams flowed past us, hearing one of his Ukaku shards slice through the air, then the guard behind me withdraw his kagune before dropping to a devastating fall; I knew that I'd just been saved.

  The man rushed over to me, catching me before I followed a fall similar as such, and braced me within his arms.

"Thanks Ayato." I breathed out shakily, dabbing against the blood flowing out of my back to check its consistency.

My expression remained emotionless even at the sight of blood on my hands once again.

  "Well, I suppose my men weren't a very challenging bunch for you three." Rize mocked a yawn, smiling. "So you all will attack me next, right?"

"The hell do you think?" Ayato replied, I could feel the growling in his throat as his chin rested upon my head.

"Well yes, of course, just before we begin," she rose from her seat, taking a deep breath, "Kaneki I should inform you that all your sailor men are dead..."