Chapter 47

I felt the rumbling stream of tremor beneath me first. I listened to the clement voices crowning my head from above, all were calm, mannish tones spewing from men in their tranquil. Once my eyelashes broke from the bounds of crust sealing them shut, I took note of the wood planks beneath me before turning every available way to register my current surroundings and location.

These were a set of woods I've never seen before. Sure the tree's all looked quite similar; slick, shining oak with naturally riven bark, naked branches accompanied by fellow ones of the opposite state clothed in baby green leaves, which picked off here and there flittering around then across the ground.

The cobble ground.

I surprisingly took some time to notice my hands, which weren't bound by tie, rope or detachable ivy. My Rc muscles gathered for summon though to no avail, it was the same as before, the Rinkaku lay away useless. Reeling my legs up into me to balance a proper lifted-sit, I veered over and saw the rocky pavement of gravel and pebble this wheeled wagon had been going over. My eyes grew grateful about the sheet of cloth that had been tied overhead to block out the rising sun, then amazed did they grow once I saw the galloping horses leading front of me. In the seats of the wagon's center and upper area were the tranquil men, who haven't noticed me yet.

"Ye sure she's under control? Woman's famous around Edo after the amount of trouble she's caused."

"I'm just relieved the bitch is still alive, king'll have my head... our heads if we came back empty handed for the third time."

"Careful how you speak," that voice, I remember that voice. "Remember you are common men in service of a royal one, he'll have your head for ill-speech instead Rivick—-forget an empty hand."

When a lash of light came rushing overhead I had to duck out of sight else they'd of possibly seen me. Thankfully the raucous melody of wood on stone and strident horseshoes across the path covered any noises I might of made while fixing my position against the floor of the rear wagon. "Go on Dannis," the lad named Rivick laughed a deep, creeping croak, goading the fellow who'd warned him, "You've longed to hump the princess moons ago, many ambitious men have in chance of succeeding to the throne. You held her, in yer arms to yer chest and belly, how'd she feel?-"

"Careful Rivick..." the same familiar, calm voice taunted back no more decently, "My ambitions lie within fate or destiny. Will is will not greed, a sin you've yet to tame." It was clear that that there one, Rivick, was an impulsive gent. Sad to say the least, I'm glad to have been chocked out by Dannis if it had to be between the two. Concluding for now, my home Bumain was burned and it's safe to assume that these men are responsible. I only hoped Jackson was safe, alive, that no casualties took place during the horrific event.

The third man suddenly stirred up from his seat and announced our arrival at some town called, 'Bridkatt'.

"Lead her out nice and clothed, can't have any townspeople growing curious." The third lad gave out his orders, then heavy footsteps followed suit until a noticeable sense of weight being lifted occurred, and the stallions knickered a quiet sigh. The trap of the wagons backdoor fell open after two brass latches, I didn't pretend to sleep or cower back, as defenseless as I was. These fools were not much of a threat anyway, especially this one here, looking over to me in brief silence with his brows fixed together sweetly; that ass-kissing temperament wouldn't have me lower my guard so quick.

"Being so kind as to not tie me was a mistake." I began before him, watching the sunlight leave this blinding gleam across the chest piece of his half-armor set. An easy smile turned the man's lips faintly up, revealing dimples I would've nearly missed by almost mistaking them for common creases. He was a handsome man, not simply by looks alone but his undoubting charisma as well. "I do not wish to bind you my lady, lest I wanted to make a certain man very angry."