Chapter 36

"Those words," I started, staring off into space before bringing my gaze back around to Rize,

"Those are the same words the king said to me during trial!"

"Yes, yes, now I hope you didn't feel too special, that man you call King is more of a love-bug than a tyrant." She giggled, nipping at my skin playfully as she began to make small buzzing noises.

At this point ignoring her, I found myself falling into spacious-distance more and more, questions filling my mind. "Ayato, Aogiri, it all makes sense. The king's parents died?
Why... why was all of this information kept from the public?!!"

    "Dear," Rize shook her head, almost pityingly, "you know the peasants only get the scraps. While the inner communities gain news on most events that occur within the castle, the slums are only left with whatever information that happens to get out; this reclusiveness was merely meant to keep the young prince safe after the tragic assassination. Which is why that established story of a new king driving the old family out of order and taking over the land of Komaji for himself is so...

juvenile~"

She smirked in a way, continuing, "No one was driven out (y/n), you... a peasant—-blessed by what god to be spared and taken into a royal home with open arms like an unwanted baby?"

Suddenly, she lunged at me, wrapping her slender fingers around my throat with both rows of teeth over my lips, she spat,

"you are no Moses (y/n)! Nor their Messiah!"

When she could hear the air running from my lungs as my throat convulsed against her callous palm, she hesitantly released, seeming surprised by her own unanticipated snap.

Rize, slowly took to her seat. Purple eyes lost in a daze, my labored coughing masked the undoubted silence in its stead.

    "You're wrong," I managed to make out after few seconds passed, cradling my neck with plentiful winces, "those bastards didn't welcome me with open arms, ha... ha-ha." Crazed chuckles snuck from beneath my breath, low and agonizing. "THOSE ROYAL SCUM KICKED MY DOG, BELITTLED ME! HIS PARENTS MAY HAVE DIED BUT MINE HAVE FALLEN TO DIRT AND SOOT JUST AS HARD, AND I WONDER EVERYDAY WHOSE HANDS THEIR BLOOD BELONGS ON!"

Echoes—-shot across the boudoir like hell-free voices.

For the first time, Rize looked scared.

"Oh, I see it," her lashes fluttered, and that's when I noticed the tears which had filled her lavender eyes. "I get it, I understand, finally I realize the flame he see's in you." She nods, smiling madly, "I've lied to you (y/n).. you are special—-very, very special."

"You nourish the nectar a king needs to erect his kingdom, to salvage his people whenever in need. The honey you produce is both diamond and gold; neither that I could've ever amounted to for him..."

She gazed down into the wisteria water, her reflection bleeding with heartache, "I wanted to be his Queen (y/n)," she raised her gaze back up to me,

"But he never wanted me, and you know what?"

I steadied myself, trying to gauge the conscious mind of the woman that sat before me. Her eyes had no longer looked purple...
but black.

"What?" I asked.

"...I've always known why...."

WHAM

__
A/n: The image I have above is supposed to represent king kaneki's mom and dad, the former queen and king of Komaji.

578 words