Chapter 29

Hands connected with the fingertips of blood, the luscious color smiling as he feeds on what you called fear.

Bloodlust and truculence are what you called a monster, he calls a human.

He can loathe and weep but he will never tell you that.

A prince to the throne, what's the purpose when you can be a king? Killing without hesitation is the way to go.

In the distance, you can see the riches that prowl on his head.

If you want it, take it.

The crown on his head lays lonely as it falls like the ones he loves, he can't be alone.

He doesn't want to be alone, but if he gets too close then it will fall.

The crown is heavy, please don't come near me I will only hurt you.

- written by @RedxVelvetxx @lavender_artemis
__

A she-devil in disguise, we could feel ourselves choking on her scent which reeked of death and slaughter.

    "Speechless?" She laughed, purring with her throat, "I can't blame you, I'm supposed to be dead after all aren't I?"

    Nothing but the sound of her yawping amusement filled the vast walls of this room, despite our lack of reaction, the king finally spoke.

"...Rize?"

    Terrifyingly, we witnessed the growing grin of a demons lips bloom as she yelled out, "BINGO!"

    A parade of giggles coiled around our ankles, necks and wrists, tightening her malevolent hold on us with the strength of a cobra. "You know..." she began, tapping her chin, "I didn't think you'd actually remember me."

The walking lilac advanced her way over to the seat of the throne, placing a foot on the damask-sewn chair; we could hear the heel of her shoe dig through the cotton as gold spilled. "Sorry about your cousin Kenny-boo," she cooed mockingly, faking a sympathetic smile.

"He was always kind to me when we were just princesses and princes," Rize leaned down, lowering herself towards the king within whispering-distance, "killing him wasn't as easy as you think, not because he was strong but damn he was hot-"

A barrage of blows lit up the room and all we could see was a bright red lighting up the castle like watching the sun rise for a new day.

She did it—-she enraged the king.

"Oh Kenny," she moaned with a little laugh, expressing, "you always did have a temper... GAURDS!"

Unveiling right at our very feet, four guards walked into the area out of the shadows they'd been hiding in and slashed the three of us by the arms and legs. This prompted Rize to release the kings kagune and retract her own rinkaku which was the exact same color as the majesty's.

Unbelievable; another ghoul was actually far more stronger than the king himself. Struggling in the binds of something sharp and tough, I immediately remembered that familiar feeling and met eyes with Ayato.

"Detachable types," we whispered in unison.

"Doesn't take a newborn to figure that one out," Rize grinned down at us, looking past her we could see the king in the exact same situation as Riven, Ayato and I with another guard standing right behind him. "You really think I wouldn't have a few of these unique ghouls at hand?"