Chapter 17

Chapter 17

* Aneesha *

Home Sweet Home. No one can ever express what being home means. No matter how many places one visits, no matter how many beautiful ones for that matter, home always reserves a place in one's heart. 

Being back home was indeed the best feeling. Despite the fact that I missed the calm serene city we had left behind. Bangalore traffic was luckily very kind today as I drove back home. Sid was fast asleep on the passenger seat. Around six in the evening I had taken place in the driver's seat. No matter how much I assured him of my wakefulness he didn't consider sleeping for a while. His eyes clearly told how sleepy he was. As soon as we were bordering the city he had dozed off. Stupid man, but indeed an adorable one.

"Sid." I called his name but he didn't hear. Such a heavy sleeper. I smiled remembering the morning's events. 

I placed my palm against his face, "Sid." I called his name again. I noted the small smile that danced at the corner of his lips. Such a dramebaaz. I patted his cheek. 

"I hope you don't plan to spend your night in the car." I spoke moving back into the seat and opening the door. I began unloading our luggage.

"Hey, I can lend a hand." He spoke taking the suitcase from my hand.

"Oh, Sleeping beauty is awake."

"Yeah." He answered with a sheepish smile formed of his firm pair of alluring lips.

He took the luggage, while I carried the potted plant, my hand bag and the small bag.

"It feels so good to be home."I spoke, loving the chills of the cold breeze of Bangalore.

"Hmm." he answered.

"What about food?" He asked suddenly realising the fact that it was way past our dinner time.

I smiled."I've ordered it, should be here in ten minutes." I said opening the door to our apartment.

We disappeared into our respective rooms to freshen up. He came out looking much better than a sleep deprived traveler. 

"Food's here." I smiled at him, setting the plates. 

"Aren't you tired?" He asked opening the other packet of gravy.

"I am. Can't wait to get to bed." I replied to be interrupted by my ringing phone. I picked it up smiling. "Hey Maa, we've reached. Were just proceeding to have dinner." I replied quickly without waiting to be prompted by her questions.

"Everything in place naa?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Alright eat well and sleep well. Take care of Sid."

" Yeah. Okay. Good night." I answered shaking my head. I ciuldnt help but smile at her concern. 

"What was she saying?" Sidhanth asked me taking the cucumber from the small plate place between our dinner plates. 

"The same old concern. She asked me to take care of you. Funny, she did not say take care of yourself." I complained scooping the gravy out in two bowls.

"She knows I take care of you." He smiled lightly winking, exhaustion from traveling spreading out on his visage.

"You love giving yourself points, right?"

"I am best at it." He chuckled. "Hmm..this gravy is good." 

"Food is always yummy when you're hungry. " I said taking a bite.

He smiled. 

In comfortable silence with occasional small talk we finished our dinner. He helped me clear the table and then stood by me as I washed the utensils. 

"The maid's not coming tomorrow?" He asked walking up to the refrigerator.

"Nah. We have to hire another one. The previous left. This time I am going to keep a regular maid. "

"Hmm, timing?" He asked.

"I will call her in the evenings. Mornings will get troublesome. " I spoke thoughtfully. We both had to leave for work early considering Bangalore traffic. If the maid came to work in the morning it would make us late. 

I felt shuffling of feet behind me. I turned my head slightly to find him standing right behind me. "Chocolate?" He asked outstrecthing his arm to feed me.  I looked at the unwrapped cadbury with happy eyes. I was about to bite into it when  he dodged the chocolate away. 

"Sid!" I exclaimed annoyed as he chuckled at my expense.

"So cute. Have it." He once again brought the chocolate closer to my lips.

"No. Thank you!" I said making a face focussing on washing the plates.

"Come on, Anni. Eat." He said not backing off. I tilted my head looking at him. His eyes had a twinkle, a mischievous one. 

I made a face, scrunching up my face shaking my head furiously in a no.

"Anni, I won't pull it back. Promise." 

I stared at him, turning slightly. This time I caught his wrist in the grip of my wet hand and then took a bite successfully. 

I smiled victoriously. He smiled back, leaning over, he pecked my cheek. I blushed at his sudden expression of affection.  I turned and resumed what I was doing. I knew he still stood close. The next thing I knew was he was beside me drying the utensils using the kitchen napkin after taking them from hand, not missing to touch my hand. Until yesterday this would have been cheesy for me but today it was something I was thoroughly loving.

Done with our task we walked out of the kitchen. We slowed our steps as we reached to the part where we had to take different directions to get to our rooms. I looked at him who looked at me like a kid being left at hostel. 

In a few seconds he was closer, and his hand had found mine. When he looked at me, it was as if every ounce of breath was squeezed out from my lungs. Pulling me still closer to himself he wrapped his arms around me. I closed my eyes feeling that strong emotion that jolted through me. My palms curved up to his shoulders,  then neck, and I pressed my cheek against his shoulder. It was like soulful music from the piano had engulfed us. Soft romantic music.

I felt his lips press against my cheek. I smiled. Pulling back, I kissed his cheek  feeling all shy at the moment. 

'I love you.' My heart sent, but "Goodnight" was all that came out from my mouth.

"Good night." He whispered closing his eyes and taking a deep breath before leaving my hand and walking towards his room. 

I fell over my bed the moment I entered my room. Wrapping my arms I hugged myself in an attempt to feel his lingering warmth. I had finally fallen in love. 

Hope there aren't major errors

P.S

Am I the only one going crazy over Shahid Kapoor' looks in Kabir Singh? ( I loath the character though, judging from what i've heard about Arjun Reddy)

-Anami!♡