Chapter 2

Chapter 2

* Sidhanth *

Shopping with women was a task. I knew that by experience. But this woman who happened to be my wife always surprised me. She was in a hurry to get what we needed and get home.

"Anni, what kind of dress you want me to buy you." It was awkward asking her that but I was growing comfortable with her.

"One-piece sounds good?" She turned to me happily eating the nachos. Typical foody. Better than being shopaholic. Not complaining.

"ZARA women?" I pointed to the store.

She looked unsure. "It will be heavy on the pocket and very unnecessary. "Come here." She said walking into another store. I followed.

It read 'FashionStreet'. She quickly went about looking at the dresses hanging in the right rack.

"How's this? " she asked pointing to a black dress with three fourth sleeves. The length looked like it would end on her thighs.

"Ain't it too short?" I blurted out my thoughts.

"Is it ?" She frowned analyzing the length.

"Keep the length right. " I stated walking ahead. I didn't want to sound like a jerk with backward mentality. But the last thing I would want is my colleagues to eye her. I paused at a dress thinking about what had just happened. Was I growing possessive about her? No maybe protective. Hell she was my wife. That's my duty. Shaking the thoughts of my head I picked up the blue dress and showed it to her. "How's this?"

"The color is pathetic. Reminds me of my school uniform." She stared at the dress.

"Ahh, does it?" I placed it back in place.

"This?" I asked finding the next one with appropriate length.

"That pink is too pink." She stated her face etched with distaste.

"Oh!" I responded hanging it back staring at the color. Wasn't pink supposed to be pink?

This time I carefully saw a couple of dresses instead of simply picking up the ones on the front and chose the best out of all I shortlisted. "Aneesha.." I turned to find three dresses on her forearm. Wow. That was quick.

"Yup, " she turned.

"This?"

"Too bright a red." She commented.

"I will try these on tell me which looks best on me. Stay around. " saying that she disappeared inside the passage leading to changing rooms. I sighed placing the dresses back in place.

Minutes later she returned dressed in a deep violet dress. Woah. She looked pretty. I let my eyes scrutinize her from top to bottom. She had nice legs. Oh wait the dress is what she wants review on.

"Nice."

"That's it?" She said turning a little to show how the dress looked.

"Yeah. Nice." I confirmed trying not to check her out.

She gave me a look and then went inside again. I wonder what women want. I couldn't analyze it like an algorithm and make comments on the time complexity, space complexity. One reason why women were annoying. They'd ultimately anyhow buy what they liked then why the formality of asking opinions?

She returned in a sapphire blue dress. It looked pretty, I thought, but was a little too hugging at the top. I wasn't going to tell her that though.