Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Sidhanth*

I laughed as she finally got a hold of my hand. I had started enjoying with her. I was steadily trying to cross the friendship-zone we had made together. She was gradually responding. I really wanted to express to her that my liking for her had got stronger. But at the same time I did not want to overwhelm her, guess I did that last night talking about taking our relationship to base one.

But there was no way I could avoid the strong attraction for her that was expanding. I grinned holding her hand as we caught our breaths.

We sat on the rocks enjoying the sunset. The beautiful golden globe had splashed hues of pink and orange all over the sky as it kissed the blue waters.

"I love the sky." She stated looking at the sky. "See that," she pointed to a group of birds which appeared black against the bright color of the sky. "Isn't that beautiful... that is the beauty of the sky, it will make even the simplest of things appear beautiful."

I smiled. Perhaps the sky was like our marriage, it suddenly made her look more beautiful to me. I shook my head looking around. The town had quite impressive a tourist footfall. 

"Coffee?" Her voice made me turn back to her.

"Hmm.." I said looking around trying to figure out which coffee vendor would be the best at the moment.

"I will be right back." Saying that she marched off. I sat smiling rather stupidly seeing her. Damn, this couldn't really be happening. She just went to buy coffee and would be  back in less than five minutes and I was still looking in her direction. Weird.

* * *

After that spectacular sunset we returned to our adobe for the next few days. The host handed a packet that had come to the address on her name. She had the widest smile on her face as we entered our studio apartment kind flat. I shut the door, while she unwrapped the packet. The moment her eyes recognized the dress she looked up at me.

"Happy Birthday!" I grinned loving the expression that graced her face. It was the other dress we had left in  the shop the other day. I had very conveniently ordered it in the morning for her. It was after listening to her talk with her mother, when I was in my room that I saw my phone. Thanks to Facebook I knew it was her birthday. I waited until the gift arrived to wish her. To wish a woman on her birthday without a gift is the stupidest thing a man can do, I had learned that by my experience.

"Thank you." She smiled a little shyly. "You knew?"

"Thanks to Facebook. Should have told me."

She smiled. "Nice gift."