Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Sidhanth*

I sat sipping from my cup of coffee. We had stopped at a roadway coffee-house, we still had a good five hours drive remaining. My eyes stationed in the direction she had disappeared a few minutes ago, to use the restroom. I couldn't take my eyes off her as she slowly walked up to the table. Not that I did want to look anywhere else. 

She looked beautiful in almost anything now. It wasn't so initially. Especially that expression when she transitioned from the world in her mind to reality. It was cute! I liked how she carried herself in almost anything from shorts to the denim three-fourths she wore right now. Ahh, the shorts reminded me of her long sexy legs. Seemed like I had got an obsession for them. Forgetting the shorts and coming back to her attire right now, I casually looked from her neck down to her waist. She wore a black camisole and over it a pink unbuttoned shirt. Her hair in a nice long ponytail now. She smiled at me sitting on the chair opposite to mine. 

"Done?" She asked.

"Yup." I said placing the cup down after taking a last sip. "Give me two minutes I will be back." I said walking towards the washroom. She nodded unlocking her phone.

* * *

"I will take the wheel." She said walking up to me.

"I can drive. You can go back to sleep." I smiled.

"No. I can't sleep right now. I am a little more than normal fresh." She grinned. "Besides, you can take a quick nap."

I put forward my palm on which lay the key of the car. Her hand almost reached to take it when I pulled it back, smiling. Her eyes widened slightly in surprise. 

"Oh come on.." She exclaimed taking a step closer to grab the keys. Her fruity aroma hitting my senses. A little more closer and I would be feeling the softness of her aromatic body. I chuckled at her futile attempts of getting the key from my hand, then holding her hand I placed the keys in her palm. Oh, her soft hand!

She moved her head to the rhythm of the song as we drove off, and I smiled glancing at her.

"What?" she asked looking at me with a suspicious eye. 

"Nothing." I sighed settling the seat a little backward and leaning. 

"You can take a nap. I am a very careful driver."

"Such a pity! You're forcing your husband to sleep instead of enjoying on honeymoon." 

"Honeymoon?" She cocked up an eyebrow glancing at me. 

"Why, isn't that what you called it?" Shit, why did I have to utter that?

"Wow, I didn't know eavesdropping was also a skill you posses," she said mockingly. Darn, this woman was too smart to let that detail pass by as I expected.

"Just for sake of clarification, you were loud." He explained.

"Oh, please, Mister. Don't lie to cover." I saw that smile tug at the edge of her lips. So that means she was okay.

"I am not lying." I said turning away, grinning.

"Liar!"

I turned sharply to look in her direction. A full grown smile adorned her lips. Kissable lips.

"Stop staring." She said.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Stop staring, it makes me conscious." She said her entire attention on the road. The black honda behind us was acting crazy. The driver didn't seem to know whether he wanted to overtake or not.

I turned my head to see a group of guys in the car. They were grinning, had loud music on, seemed borderline drunk.

"Ignore them." I heard her say.

"You are quite of a mind reader." I smiled. 

"I am quite of a racer too. Wanna see?" She asked excitedly looking a the black honda in the rear view mirror.

"Don't, they seem drunk."

She rolled her eyes. "Watch this." 

She pressed her foot on the accelerator and the car picked up speed while she changed gears. I sighed. 

Women! Tell them to no to do something and they'll show you how exactly it is done. In a couple of minutes, she had left the honda far behind but I was sure the driver would have taken up the challenge and would soon reappear. 

Surprisingly, she dropped her speed sticking to one side. I frowned and then with a zoom sound the black honda passed us. She grinned. "Got rid of them!" 

I chuckled shaking my head. "Quite a skill."

"It's an art, art closely similar to deception. I challenged them and got them so into the racing that all they cared was just that."

"Sure that you aren't living a double life or something, like that of some secret psychiatrist?"

"You got my secret." She winked at me playfully. I smiled. 

Can she stop being so flirtatious? She gave me ideas. Many. Even uncensored ones. I bet she doesn't quite know that I still crave for the kiss she never let me take last night.

"You're staring again." She sighed. 

I decided to slowly put my heart on my sleeve. "I think I have the legal rights to. Don't I?"

She glanced at me and I smirked playfully. Her cheeks had turned slightly pinkish I noticed when she turned to look at the road ahead. She was blushing, which meant she was -- she was affected

I smiled, mentally reminding myself to flirt better and not like how a dominant guy would. Certainly, she would love my dominance, when we got there. But right now, was the time to play the flirty guy. Not overboard romantic. But right enough to get her blushing

Perhaps this trip would change the dynamics of our relationship for the better. Oh, what was even wrong with me to think this way? I looked at her through the corner of my eyes this time, maybe, maybe I was finally experiencing that feeling my friends spoke about  lot. Feeling love !

Sid feels he's falling in love, Anni felt it too?

Who'll make the first big move?

Hope you're enjoying this book.
Do drop in your views/thoughts/suggestions or any feedback.

– Anami! ♡

Don't forget to hit the vote⭐ button!