Chapter 14

Chapter 14

* Sidhanth *

"Your turn." She said gazing away at the horizon.

"I lied to you." I uttered.

Her gaze was immediately back upon me, her eyes wide. "You didn't have a girlfriend?" She asked horrified.

"No. I did not mean that. I did have girlfriends. Ten."

"What?" She asked confused.

"Ten. That was the number." I repeated pressing my lips into a straight line. Will she erupt like a volcano at that?

"Woah. So not five ten. Absolutely astonishing. You were planning to get into the Guinness world record?" She asked mockingly.

"No. Just practicing on dealing with ladies, you know." I commented sarcastically.

She grinned but her eyes were hesitant.

"What?" I asked. "Come on say it. You have judged me for it. I can read that much from your face."

"Obviously. Ten Sid, ten? Isn't that too many?"

"Nah."

"You had umm...ahh..I mean..err..you were close to all of them?" She stuttered.

"For the sake of goodness, I did get laid with all of them." I spoke in my defense understanding where her words pointed. She always jumped to conclusions.

"How many?" She asked immediately.

"Just Natasha." I confessed looking away. I so wish I had waited for Anni or she had come into my life before. 

"You liked her very much?" She asked softly.

"I spent a lot of time with her. Attachment was inevitable. " I answered honestly.

"What happened then?"

"Sad story. She fell for another guy. It wasn't new to me. But I did not expect that from her. My first girlfriend was Nadia. It started,after tenth board."

"By the time the eleventh grade results came out, mom found out where my pocket money and time was going. She literally grounded me for the entire of twelfth grade. My phone was confiscated.She'd drop me to school and pick me up from coaching classes in the night. Sundays were all at home revising whatever was taught during the week." I turned to find her stifling her laughter. And then like free fall of gravity her laughter was free and loud.

"So sad, Sid." She mocked laughing. "No wonder you topped in your entrances."

"Please." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay so that means your nine girlfriends were all during engineering? Damn. How did you manage a nine pointer?" She asked laughing at the puns she made.